Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Mounts (MT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smalie1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mounts (MT)

Saludos,

Based on experience ... Which mount (Engine/Transmission), usually starts to break-up first ???
Old 09-12-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mounts (MT)

the one in the front middle, near the radiator. the back one and two sides hardly ever go bad.
Old 10-10-2011
Registered!!

smalie1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old 10-10-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

here is what it looks like on a manual. you could get the energy suspension bushing inserts that install around the old mount. So long as you did not break more than 1 of the 2 rubber mount legs, you can reuse the old one and stick on the inserts. Even with a new front mount, it will keep breaking again (usually members here say every 10k miles it will start to crack and break) due to poor design. the older hondas never had this problem. the energy inserts should last the life of the car and may cause a bit more vibration, but its worth having a stronger mount i think. front mount is #8 in the pic.

Old 10-10-2011
Honda Crazy

ZFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

It's the mount to the front of the car underneath. The easy way to tell which one it is is by the color. It is the only mount that is aluminum (silver) on the outside. All the other ones are black.
Old 10-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Hey gearbox, will the ES busings work if my front mount is already broken? Also it says only for manual is it ok to use for an automatic as well? I am refering to these:
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...prod=16%2E1111
Old 10-30-2011
Premium Member

if only one leg of the stock mount is torn, then the es bushings are fine to use. usually thats all the damage they have. the front two inserts fit perfectly on the auto mount. i used my stock mount with one broken leg and the ES fixed it like new. you put them in like a sandwich with one insert on the left side and one on the right side. the two rear mount inserts i ended up not using.
Old 10-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

ESMM inserts are the best bang for the buck mod I have, no contest
Old 10-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
if only one leg of the stock mount is torn, then the es bushings are fine to use. usually thats all the damage they have. the front two inserts fit perfectly on the auto mount. i used my stock mount with one broken leg and the ES fixed it like new. you put them in like a sandwich with one insert on the left side and one on the right side. the two rear mount inserts i ended up not using.
Awesome, thanks. I really cant afford to keep ordering these from the dealer at $45 a pop. Going to order a set of these now. Once again thanks.