General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

What would you recommend for 2018 Honda Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ayoitzjulesdx98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What would you recommend for 2018 Honda Civic?

Do you rely heavily on OEM parts for air filters? Or do you use K&M or other brands?

I've had the car for a year now and I kind of miss servicing my own car. Only reason why I go to Honda is because they're professionals and it's a lot safer rather than me messing something up under the hood. But I think I do a solid job on performing maintenance. I use to own a 91 civic (which explains my user name) and I did all the service on it. I recently was quoted to have my oil changed, tires rotated, replace cabin air filters and engine air filter for around $300... I know it does not cost that much to replace filters on my own.. Any tips on how to take care of my car that won't cost an arm or a leg?

Thanks Honda Fam!
Old 05-08-2019
Registered!!

Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What would you recommend for 2018 Honda Civic?

Less than $100 on parts. Those are easy jobs you can do yourself.
Old 07-03-2019
Registered!!

WhiteToaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Rock Auto. You said you do your own work.
Old 07-04-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

You may need oil changes done at honda or a warranty approved shop to maintain your warranty. So check that out.

But do everything else yourself, filters/tire rotations.
Old 07-04-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

For air filter, you can always go with a drop-in AEM DryFlow filter. Oil free, washable, AEM states its good for the life of the car. Retail price is $38. For filters, as long as they're from a reputable company and/or have overly positive reviews by actual people, I wouldn't personally care about sticking with OEM. Changing the air filter on a 10thgen is seriously 4 bolts and maybe the hose clamp for the flex hose between the turbo inlet and the filter box. And the electrical connection for the MAF sensor. Super easy to do. Hard to mess up, unless you overtorque the bolts holding the filter cover on and crack the housing or snap the bolt.

Maintenance, I'd say DIY if you have the ability. Cam, if DIY oil changes void warranties, I'd be surprised. I'd also be pissed. Then again, I hardly trust anyone under the hood of my car, so there's that. lol