General 10th Gen Got a question or want to post but it doesn't quite fall under any other topic? Post up here!

10th Gen owners question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
10th Gen owners question

10th Gen Sedan owners...…??

Can you see your hood, from the driving position ??

I have not seen mine for years now (8th & 9th Gen owner)

Thank You !!
Old 03-08-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 10th Gen owners question

My experience (albeit hatch, not sedan, but the front end geometry is very similar -- all the front end body panel part numbers are the same, IIRC, sligth difference in bumper due to styling), it's easier to see the hood than an 8thgen. Went outside and took some pics for you, since it can kinda vary by how you adjust the height of the driver's seat. I'm 5'7", just to give you a frame of reference.

Driver's seat at it's highest adjustment. You can see the hood fairly well, though, it's kinda unclear where the edge of the car is just by looking alone. Even though I have a few inches clearance above my head, I feel like my head will hit the ceiling on a good bump.

How I have my seat adjusted (about 20 "pumps" of the height adjustment down from highest adjustment). I blacked out the asphalt so you can actually tell where the hood is.

Seat fully adjusted down. Can't see the hood for **** except for the little bump on the side (right by Iron Man's hand). Okay, well maybe a little. The angle of my vision looks right down the surface of the hood, not really discernible in everyday driving. For all intents and purposes, I can't see the hood from this angle. I usually like sitting low, but damn, this position is hella low.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 03-08-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2019
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the info & photos.....

After the 2010 (seat would NOT stay up) I hardly have messed with the 2013s height adj.

No big deal, have not seen it in so long..... no big deal if I cant.
Old 03-08-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

easy solution

Name:  I7uy7B7.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  1.54 MB

put some eyelashes on the headlights

Name:  3izsGX2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  389.6 KB

these ones might fit civics?

Name:  Gc11oM5.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  11.9 KB

LOL!
Old 04-01-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r4ti is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been driving the company car for me can't see.
Old 04-04-2019
Registered!!

Lunatrix is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a 10 gen Civic LX, and I can't see the hood. I seem to remember the chat when I had my 6 gen Civic that the lower dash and hood was a Honda design feature which added to the driving experience. Anyway, after driving Sentras for many years, I find the Civic a superior drivers car_._
Old 05-01-2019
Registered!!

Retta75 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the 2019 Civic touring and I can see the sides, where it's raised, but that's it. I kinda like it though It's the only car where I've been able to see the hood. Doesn't bother me.
Old 05-01-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I miss the huge cars of the 60s and 70s with hoods that were about an acre in size LOL
Old 05-01-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

And you could sit on them without worrying about denting them