I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment - Audio) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

vertical lines on Infotainment system

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaleb999 is an unknown quantity at this point
vertical lines on Infotainment system

Hey everyone, i am new to this forum. i have a 2018 civic se (canadian model) with the Android Auto infotainment system that came with the car.
I have recently changed the skin to one that was factory preloaded (other than the blue rectangular menu) and noticed that since i have done that, i see two white flashing vertical lines on each side of the screen. i wondered what it was and even called the dealership and they had no clue.
I figured it out...so for all of you asking yourselves the same question and wondering if this is a system error and needs to be reflashed - READ THE BELOW:
  • if you look at the original menu (skin) with rectangles containing the items, you will noticed two white arrows indicating you could swipe your screen left or right.
  • Once you change skins, the two arrows are actually replaced by the two flashing this vertical lines on each side of the screen (they do NOT appear once you are using the radio or the map or inside a specific menu) - THESE ARE ALSO SUPPOSED TO INDICATE THAT YOU CAN SWIPE LEFT OR RIGHT as you might have another page with items.
just wanted to share that with everyone, in case new car owners start freaking out LOL

cheers