Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

Fastest Hybrid Civic on Youtube | Canyon Run

Old 03-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Saint is an unknown quantity at this point
Fastest Hybrid Civic on Youtube | Canyon Run

Hello fellow civic owners!

Here's a canyon run I drove with an FA3 civic...hybrid! I'm really happy with how the footage turned out and wanted to share it with you all.

The steering feel is surprisingly good. Brakes take an odd amount of initial pressure, but are easy to modulate and have little fade.

Tell me your thoughts!

By the way, I didn't find forum rules to read, so I apologize if I messed anything up haha.

Last edited by mac25; 03-04-2018 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Fastest Hybrid Civic on Youtube | Canyon Run

This doesn't show us anything.

There is no way of seeing if the car is any faster.
The road isn't that technical either.

AND please don't drive at speed while other users are on the road, or, put your golves on while driving.

If you want to track your progress go to an SCCA closed course and get an idea of where your car places next to stock civics and other cars. Then modify it and track it again.

This way we can see what types of cars your car can beat.
Old 03-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed Saint is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah yeah I realize now the title is a little misleading. I meant it is the fastest driving in a civic hybrid that I could find on youtube. And I didn't mean to come across as full of myself or anything either with that title. I just wasn't sure if people would click on a civic hybrid thread lol.

If you happened to only watch the beginning the road is less intense there, but it is decently technical overall. There are crests, dips, bumps, camber changes, at least two decreasing radius corners, blind corners, dirt and water, and varying downhill grades. The section at 3:17 is a good example of this.

I understand videos like this are controversial, and apologize for any concern it may cause. The last thing I would like to do is endanger myself or others. I approach each corner individually, taking into consideration how much information I have on the corner. The less information I have, the higher the safety factor. So if, for example, it is blind, has bumps in the braking area, is dusty, is near a cliffside, is a right-handed corner (to avoid unintentionally lane-crossing), then I take the corner slower so I have enough grip available for corrections. Additionally, the road was scouted for hazards in advance of the run. I do welcome critique on safety, so if there is anything you wish to elaborate on I am all ears.

At any rate, the car is stock. My passion is performance driving, so my budget goes towards tires, fuel, track days and such.
Old 03-04-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

put the gloves before you start getting into the corners.
delete the comments about if you should follow the other car with big travel suspension. No racing on public roads.