Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Header Install

Hey Dudes !! Have a 2008 Si with a KZ023 2.0L engine. Looking to install Strup Headers on it by a backyard mechanic that I trust. How long should it take & how much should I pay him for the work ? Do you think it would be a tight fit to put these in ?
Old 12-28-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Header Install

do it yourself. i dont think there is any beauty in modding your car if you didnt do the work yourself, but thats just me. i think the car should be a learning experience, rather than a money pit(labor wise). header install is pretty easy and it shouldnt take more than 2 hours even for a novice. just make sure to not touch the header with your bare hands (use a clean towel) or at least clean it realllly well after the install before turning the motor on. because the oils from your hands will become caked onto the header once the header gets hot. after my header was "broken in" all i could see on it was imprints of my hands and fingers, not a pretty sight.

Last edited by civicsrcool; 12-28-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

boha is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh goodness, why would you want to change the factory configuration? You will just end up spending lots of money and gaining no actual excitement from the car. You see, the civic is a great car for getting groceries, and getting me to my bingo gatherings. Its wonderful on gas and when I floor it, the car is so gentle that it doesn't give me a queasy feeling at all like my Geo Metro used to do. The rate of acceleration of my civic is about the same as my grandsons moped, so the car is plenty fast enough. But if you are suggesting to have a fast car for the street other than for getting groceries, or bingo, just about any other car on the road is better suited. Plus you will lose your great gas mileage. Good luck sonny.
Old 02-28-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

grandpa i thought i told you to stay off my computer your going to break something . and for a headr install 100 bucks sounds fair but do it yourself
Old 02-28-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Just do it yourself man its easy. Just jack up your car put it on stands and the basic lefty loosy and righty tighty. I have a ep3 which has the k20a3 and ya its pretty tight up in that thing but you can do it.