Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

05 rsx driver seat issues...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
05 rsx driver seat issues...

well i just got myself some 05 rsx seats from a local guy and they seemed to be in very good shape except for being a little dirty b.c of sitting around for a while. now the problem is the driver seat....none of the holes are lineing up except for the right front and i cant even move the seat all the way foward or enough to see the holes for rear bolts....is there something im missing or something f'ed up? mind you these were in a slight accident but not a big one...also the driver seat rocks alot i dont know y but it does...i some how think its because of the tilt that it has(up and down movement) or something...wat should i do or wat can i do to fix it? im gonna give the guy a call tommorrow to ask for a refund or provide me with a fix.

im also thinking of swappin out the slider/bracket and gettin a "new" from clubrsx or something....any ideas or solutions?
Old 03-27-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
In order for RSX seats to fit into our car, one of the rails ahs to be drilled. Not all of the bolt points match up unfortunatley. You might want to search for "RSX seat install" and see where you went wrong.
Old 03-27-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
as for the rocking, i know my civic, the driver seat rocks and its the bushing, i had them replaced about a year ago and now they are starting to go again.
Old 03-27-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
part of your problem might be that the sliders are not lined up with each other. While they are off the car they move independently of each other (left can be fully foward and right fully back for example). That would explain them not lining up and I know I had trouble with that. What I had to do was slide both all the way foward (or back) to make sure they were inline when I put the seat in. And the hole you must enlarge is the inside, rear one (in the backseat, closest to the console)
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
hrmm. ill try to position the sliders all the way bak or so i can get to the rears ones atleast. as far as the holes the damn passenger ones were a pain to even line up i had to drill 1 of the holes which is left rear so it lines up b.c it was there but not exactly, and left the right rear unbolted so basically i had to drill 2 of the holes to make all 4 bolt up. ill see wat i have to do for the driver side. when i put them in the car the right front bolted in but when i look at the left front its not even close.

for the rocking where can i find the bushing for the rsx seats? cause really i can move the slider up and down or wat not when not in the car but when in car i can just move the seat ever so slightly nd they freaking rock too

well nothing worked and so i talked to the guy i bought it from and he said he will help me out with the sliders nd stuff. just wondering the part where u put yer back on...is the seat frame the same as the 01-04 frames?

Last edited by crazyasian; 03-27-2006 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-28-2006
ctv
Registered!!

ctv is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 05 rsx seats in my 04 coupe

the two front holes need to be slotted and the rear hole next to the center of the car has to be slotted as well.

good luck
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

does yer slider rock or is it just mine?