Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

angled exhaust?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sean4389 is an unknown quantity at this point
no offense

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
The funny thing is some of you will pay 500 for the rear section of the exhaust and gain nothing but decibles. And others will spend 60 bux for a muffler run 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 catback pipe and you still have the nerve to flame them. If you ask me running half an exhaust system is the (rice).

no offense
man but i jus want to make a few points...1. the rear section is only like 300 plus shippin msrp....2.with a 7th gen, u cant expect to gain more than jus decibels unless u do a swap or some major motor work. its jus a fact that our gen is slow..3.the guy with the 60 dollar coffee can is a ricer... jus save up and buy somethin with some quality and reputation..4. with a stock 7th gen, u wont notice any more difference with a full cat back over an axleback...5. a good full catback system runs about 600 so we pay half the price n get half the product....6.hks only makes this rear section for our gen, so it cant be too bad...7. this site isnt here to flame ppl, n dont take this as flaming, cuz i honestly am not tryin to be mean..

wow that list got kinda long
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
Megan Racing Ftw!!!
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

mkingk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LowLife
I never said that you came right out and said he should leave it stock but if you call "making it look like something its not" rice..... your civic came with a diff. exhaust so that makes you a ricer because it didn't come that way.. you changed it from the original (that was your foot in the mouth statement).... and btw "we" includes you so your disclaimer "see thats what we might call (and i don't call it btw)" kinda contradicts itself.... we think your an idiot for that (but i don't think so).... by the way n00b is a relative statement, posts don't mean anything, although you are way cooler and know much more than me (i also heard you were a world wide legend) because you post so much now i know what i wanna be like when i grow up
pwned. Nice lowlife lol. Stepping up for the people that don't have all day to sit here and post.
Old 06-28-2006
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
Wow this thread is old. haha
Old 06-28-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah this **** got resurected. lol. I <3 lowlife now
Old 06-28-2006
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
Lol love you too bro!
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Spoon Racing
hmmmm...how is that rice? do race cars angle their exhaust? im just doing it cause it looks nice.
sorry but angled exhaust does not look nice. it looks horrible on a civic.
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
once again, hks hi-power ftw...
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
sorry but angled exhaust does not look nice. it looks horrible on a civic.
well i think your wrong. i had the apexi gt spec on my car with custom piping and angled pretty nice and it looked sweet. if you have ever seen the ek coupes with gt spec exhuast my car looked the same. alot of people like it.

im in the process of redoing my car so soon enough ill have something again.
Old 07-03-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
I think it looks cool as hell!!!
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have a pic of the HKS Hi-Power so we can see what it looks like?

And what the hell does "FTW" mean?
Old 07-03-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
"For the Win"^^^

its gay I know...
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6
well i think your wrong. i had the apexi gt spec on my car with custom piping and angled pretty nice and it looked sweet. if you have ever seen the ek coupes with gt spec exhuast my car looked the same. alot of people like it.

im in the process of redoing my car so soon enough ill have something again.
i dont know...it looks nice on supras. but on a civic???? IMO thats just plain rice. theres a 7th gen civic around my town with angled exhaust and damn was it ugly.

but whatever...its yall's car. i like my car to be simple looking.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
I just remember that most DSM's i see w/ aftermarket exhaust come out at an angle and i think that looks damn good.
Old 07-05-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
i dont know...it looks nice on supras. but on a civic???? IMO thats just plain rice. theres a 7th gen civic around my town with angled exhaust and damn was it ugly.

but whatever...its yall's car. i like my car to be simple looking.

ok, so it looks nice on supra's and any other car that isnt a ricer. ill have to dig up some pics from when my exhuast was angled. ok my car is clean and simple with a angled exhuast. next time take a pic of the 7th gen with his angled exhuast. cant be much uglier then your striaght exhuast.

Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx
I just remember that most DSM's i see w/ aftermarket exhaust come out at an angle and i think that looks damn good.

we agree on something.lol.

Last edited by exturbo6; 07-05-2006 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2006
Registered!!

civic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura about
imo i think angled looks good and straight is alright too. ive seen some angled exhaust and it looks good but too angled looks ugly(meaning if it looks like it pointed straight to the sky).

btw my exhaust is slightly angled and i think i looks clean
Old 07-08-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Ive never liked angled exhausts. I think it looks ok on maybe 1 or 2 supras ive seen, and an STi maybe, but thats it.
Old 07-08-2006
Registered!!

^^^ word.
Old 09-07-2006
Banned

tsudocivic2k4 can only hope to improve
I paid 125 for my tsudo catback and its louder and not as bee can sounding. If you dont want a exhuast out to the side and want to spend 500 then tsudo is the way to go!
Old 09-10-2006
Registered!!

SloW4Sh0wVic will become famous soon enoughSloW4Sh0wVic will become famous soon enough
get a crowbar and bend it