Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance)
-   -   angled exhaust????? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance/244983-angled-exhaust.html)

Spoon Racing 01-30-2006 12:55 PM

angled exhaust?????

i was thinking about getting my exhaust angled.Can any performance shop do this? do i have to make any changes before hand?

aznboysrfr 01-30-2006 12:57 PM

any muffler shop can do it easily ...

just make sure it's not too close to the bumper.

Boost_Junkie 01-30-2006 05:22 PM

hks hi power ftw...

se7engen_riDe 01-30-2006 10:25 PM

hmm....you ricer. dont angle your exhaust. but yea...a shop can do that for you pretty easily.

Spoon Racing 01-31-2006 09:15 AM

hmmmm...how is that rice? do race cars angle their exhaust? im just doing it cause it looks nice.

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 09:25 AM

I think he's saying don't angle it unless yours already comes angled, like our HKS Hi Power's.

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 09:46 AM

^^mwhahaaahhaha

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 09:53 AM

You have forgotten that MOST of our angled exhaust come that way from whoever we buy from, a la HKS. We would NEVER think about just angeling it for looks.

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 09:57 AM

See thats what we MIGHT call (and I don't call it btw) rice, because it dosent come angled, so your trying to make it look like sometihng it's not. DON'T flame me because I'm not saying you're doing this lol.

Slow Gold 01-31-2006 10:05 AM

The funny thing is some of you will pay 500 for the rear section of the exhaust and gain nothing but decibles. And others will spend 60 bux for a muffler run 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 catback pipe and you still have the nerve to flame them. If you ask me running half an exhaust system is the (rice).

LowLife 01-31-2006 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
See thats what we MIGHT call (and I don't call it btw) rice, because it dosent come angled, so your trying to make it look like sometihng it's not. DON'T flame me because I'm not saying you're doing this lol.

I have never seen somebody put their foot in their mouth so bad- according to your comment you should leave your vic stock..... don't touch it or its rice

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by LowLife
I have never seen somebody put their foot in their mouth so bad- according to your comment you should leave your vic stock..... don't touch it or its rice

Wow, did you read my disclaimer of (and I don't call it btw)? Apparently not. Please, before you try to criticize someone get your facts straight. Varner is a fellow member of mine and I would never call him rice. Also you seemed to miss the part where I saw "don't flame me I'm not saying you're doing this lol. Yeah, so take a chill pill, and find a new forum to antagonize people.

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by varner88
lol but apexi comes angeled. and it wont fit straight out its the muffler not catback for when i go turbo. and its to big for it to fit with the lip kit if its not angeled i just dont get why people call stupid stuff like that rice when like evry single car in japan has angeled exhaust almost lol idk bout you but the amount of jdm that this site has become is ridiculous lol. btw i think your the one who told me the dc2 mirrors fit on 7thgen with mod i jus ordered the spoon dc2 mirrosss shits pimp

Heh, yeha that was me =) And they fit but you'll have to modify
ONE hole, not really a big deal though =)

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by LowLife

Oh and btw, where did I mention that you should leave it stock. I said the muffler he bought didn't come angled, THAT's why. Also now I see his reason... that he HAS to because of the body/lipkit. Damn I'm tired of n00b members comming in thinking they run this place. Learn your spot on the food chain.

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by varner88
haha idc if people called me rice anyway as long as my shits clean and i spend the money on the good shit an not cheap ebay shit im all good.

Hell yeah, I'm with you on that one. I only got mad with Lowlife for being a dolt =)

pbfoot 01-31-2006 10:13 AM

yeah, there is a company you can send your exhaust out to and they will bend it for you. let me try and find the name for you....a couple of people on here do a lot of business with them....

oh yeah...here it is...: http://www.riceconcepts.com

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 10:14 AM

^^omfg I'm not even gonna go off on that one hahahhaahahhha

HITMAN 01-31-2006 10:14 AM

AIM ruined society

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 04:40 PM

No shit if it came angled I don't have a problem, and if it didnt I don't have a problem, as I said before. I was giving reasons why OTHERS felt that way, dizzam.

LowLife 01-31-2006 05:45 PM

Oh and btw, where did I mention that you should leave it stock. I said the muffler he bought didn't come angled, THAT's why. Also now I see his reason... that he HAS to because of the body/lipkit. Damn I'm tired of n00b members comming in thinking they run this place. Learn your spot on the food chain.

See thats what we MIGHT call (and I don't call it btw) rice, because it dosent come angled, so your trying to make it look like something it's not...

I never said that you came right out and said he should leave it stock but if you call "making it look like something its not" rice..... your civic came with a diff. exhaust so that makes you a ricer because it didn't come that way.. you changed it from the original (that was your foot in the mouth statement).... and btw "we" includes you so your disclaimer "see thats what we might call (and i don't call it btw)" kinda contradicts itself.... we think your an idiot for that (but i don't think so).... by the way n00b is a relative statement, posts don't mean anything, although you are way cooler and know much more than me (i also heard you were a world wide legend) because you post so much:_bow: now i know what i wanna be like when i grow up

TheSmuggler 01-31-2006 07:02 PM

LMAO *waits for the ban*

Boilermaker1 01-31-2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon Racing
hmmmm...how is that rice? do race cars angle their exhaust? im just doing it cause it looks nice.

Well most real race cars tend to have as little exhaust piping as legally possible.

The point of the angled exhaust is to have the fewest possible bends in the pipe. The exhaust tunnel on cars like Evos, WRXs, supras and those other cars you see with the slanted exhausts, is near the center of the car. So you make one bend, run it to the bumper cut out and you end up with the angled muffler.
Now on the other hand, if you stick your head under your car, the exhaust tunnel basically runs in line with the bumper cut out. So you're actually ADDING an unnecessary bend to the exhaust, which is contradictory to the point of its function.
So basically, in the true definition of it where it adds questionable appearance and hinders function, yeah, its rice.

02blackcivic 01-31-2006 07:14 PM

www.meganracing.com
makes an angled exhaust

LowLife 01-31-2006 08:09 PM

LMAO *waits for the ban*

Dude shut up and grow some balls... ban me? for what cause you made a dumb comment i respond and it hurts your feelings? you were the one that started the name calling and ignorant posts..... back to topic sorry for the post whore

se7engen_riDe 02-01-2006 12:39 AM

lol...alright alright. angled exhaust to me is rice. i dont see the point in it. and IMO it looks retarded. but hey...its your car. do what you like.

Frost d17VTEC 02-01-2006 01:28 AM

not on civics

kinda like how civics shouldn't do dual exhaust...unless they are seriously putting out that much power

mugenman 02-01-2006 03:57 AM

i personally think angled exhaust looks cool depending on the car. it looks killer on old school da tegs

Frost d17VTEC 02-01-2006 05:01 PM

Touche Mugenman, take the impreza as another example.

Boost_Junkie 02-01-2006 05:23 PM

as mentioned it looks bad ass on Imprezas, Evos and Supras...

but i love my hi-power...

se7engen_riDe 02-02-2006 02:02 AM

i saw it on a evo too...i didnt like it all that much. imprezas and supras looks nice though.