Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Rate your intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
misterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nicemisterpho7 is just really nice
Just got the Aem Cai

Fit: 4 - Because the breather hose that came with the aem cai was hard to put on the factory breather hole.

Power: 3.5 - After getting it on, when driving normaly like I always do, i always see my mph about 3-4 mph higher then it usually is.

Loudness: 3 for daily driving, 4.5 at wot, sounds pretty nice. Especially when it shuts off you can hear all the air sucking in.
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

Moonracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen Short ram intake

Fit: 5 fit was great

Power: 3 pretty hard to feel 3-4 hp

Sound: 5 quite loud under full throttle at high revs but not bad for regular driving. Love the sound.

Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

rcelefano is an unknown quantity at this point
need dyno

no offense, but you would need a dyno test for each product to get a real answer. The noise itself from the intake can just be a psychological impression on the owners. And also, when owners first buy their intake, they'll probably try harder as well to make sure they gained some power, so they may be shifting better, which makes them think it is the intake, when really its just themselves. A Driver that knows how to power shift vs. a ricer who just installed any intake, the power shifter would surely win.

2k1 Civic SI - Stock intake (it is placed 2 inches above a CAI, why would you replace it?) - MT - beat every riced out car I met so far.
Old 02-28-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
right. we are all gonna go drop at least 75 bucks to show the 100 intake works a little bit. give me a break. ill throw up a dyno after i get my turbo fund finished lol
Old 02-28-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
AEM CAI rating

Sound - loud deep tone @ full throttle
power - +mpg/+1hp
fitment - Easy to install, the hose to the valve cover was too small so I had to use a extra one from my garage. Compared to other intakes I have had for my car I like this one the best.
Old 03-04-2006
Registered!!

wako182774 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BtheCarp
I am looking to get a CAI for my '03 ex with a M/T. My friend was telling me about a new brand called F5 Fujita and how it was created by the former head engineer at Injen. Has anyone used their CAI? If so what were your thoughts on it.

Thanks
I recently installed the Fujita CAI on my 04 EX MT. Great intake. It is one of the few intakes that Fujita makes that has the non moving tornado built into the pipe. I believe the founder was a formed head member at Injen. They say it is pretty much Injen with some modifications, such as the tornado. I wouldn't say it is secondary to Injen though.

Sound: 5 - great deep sound at full throttle that tapers on at about 3000 rpm and then tapers off at about 6000 rpm. great low sound during casual driving. Also great whistle when car shuts off.

Fit: 4 - No problem with fit at all. Fits like a glove. Only thing i noticed is pipe comes straight up from throttle body before making its left turn. Hood closes with no problem. Worried that i won't be able to fit the tanabe strut bar. Getting one within the next week to test. Other than that. Fit is great, filter right behind passenger side fog light.

Performance: 4 - As everbody knows there is only so much power to gain out of the d17A2. This intake does get the great power from a CAI system. Fujitas dyno shows 4 hp and 2.5 pounds of torque. You can't really expect much more from a CAI with no other modifications to the car. The V2 gets about the same, if not about .5 horsepower more.

Overall great intake, should be great with the Espelir JGT500 cat back coming soon.
Old 03-05-2006
small cities make me poop my pants

Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
I'll post a video of my intake after I go for a little ride. Any suggestions on how to post the video?
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
www.yousendit.com
Old 03-05-2006

Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
Awesome, be back in a bit.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

dadawads is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing like V2

AEM V2

Fit = 4 Easy to install, mounts solidly.
Power = 4 Noticeble pull. Not just at top end, but also around 3 K
Sound = 10 Off the scale. Quiet below 3 K, but screams and howls at 6 K

I've had it for about a year and I love it. Had an ebay intake before. The V2 was light years better. I wrapped in pipe insulating tape which seems to help w/ heat soak.

Dadawads

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/im...ilies/deal.gif
Old 03-05-2006

Yousendit.com doesn't host, they only allow you to send the file in an Email.
Old 03-05-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
tinypic.com, i usually host pictures on that site but theres a link for videos also, ive never used it tho but you can try it out
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Draven2
Yousendit.com doesn't host, they only allow you to send the file in an Email.
just type your email in and when its done processing, it gives you a link. just paste that here... stays active for 1 week.
Old 03-05-2006

good deal, thanks.
Old 03-05-2006

There you go. I had a somewhat better video, but it was 96MB. I'll send it if you want it.

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...U12SFKQGVPFG9R
Old 03-05-2006
Premium Member

sounds great. would you be interested in a complete blue led dx cluster without auto strip?
Old 03-05-2006

perhaps, How much?
Old 03-06-2006
Premium Member

$180 which includes a whole new cluster, maybe less depending on materials. still working on it tho for a while. it will have blue backlight and needle light.
Old 03-14-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
i would rate my intake but i haven't installed it yet.
Old 03-17-2006
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light
Injen CAI w/ MR Technology
Fit --------- 4
Power------- 4
Loudness --- 4

Last edited by eddieisaricer; 03-19-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

Dominiksi is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen SRI
fit: 3.5
power: 3
noise: 4
Old 03-19-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Well the mounting tab on my AEM SRI just broke. I don't know if I am going to get it welded, or just remove it permanantly. I may just trash it. that sucks
Old 03-19-2006
Premium Member

lol throw away. aem is junk. get a weapon-r secret man, can't go wrong. hands down the best. or K&N is nice also but not as good technology-wise.
Old 03-27-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
AEM CAI

Fit: 3
Power: 3
Loudness: 2 but then 3 after 3700rpm

AEM SRI

Fit: 5
Power: 2
Loudness: 4 (monster flow filter)
Old 04-08-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Fit: 5 Easy install Fits perfect no rubbing or touching
Power: 3.5 You can feel it a bit after 3500
Loudness:5 This intake is LOUD sounds amazing at east for me
misc:worth the 131 i wouldnt take a CAI unless it was free lol Good buy.
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough
K&N Filter - haha

fit: 5 - dropped in w/ no probs.
loudness: 2 - just a lil bit louder than stock
power: 2 - better throttle response i guess
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

civicspeedster is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM V2
Fit : 3, it was a tough fit and touches things alittle bit

Power : 4, you'll feel it right away

Loudness : 5, It's loud really loud! I LOVE IT!!!

AEM V2, it's a SRI and CAI its like a mix but more then anythign its a SRI.

o by the way i have an extra one that i ordered by mistake if someone wants to buy one its

AEM V2 in the box unopened

Last edited by civicspeedster; 04-18-2006 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-26-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I trashed the old aem intake. I got a K&N Typhoon (broken tab but no gaping hole in the tube) for a temporary intake. I will get either an Injen SRI, AEM V2, or maybe a W-R.
Old 04-27-2006
Premium Member

just get weapon-r. i love mine. even in the summer now i still get that kick when stepping on the gas. way better than stock and all other intakes. also makes cool bov sounds when shifting at hi rpm.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

civicspeedster is an unknown quantity at this point
psssh heck no get an aem vr i love mine its awsome!!!!

Quick Reply: Rate your intake