Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Rate your intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1

If you think that thing you got is a Mugen intake, pick up the satellite with the laser that scratches your *** from space as well.
what the **** is that supposed to mean, that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of in my life
Old 11-08-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I take it you're not a Family Guy watcher.
Translated into english, Thats not a mugen intake. You've been had, a sucker, a gullible fool. Mugen doesn't make filter on a stick intakes, they make air boxes and carbon fiber air ducts, they cost $500 or more and they don't make this one for a car. So since you fell for that.... the line which you obviously didn't get goes ....
"Hey, would you also like a satellite with a laser that can scratch your *** from space?"
To which peter replies "THEY HAVE THOSE?!?!?!"
Old 11-08-2005
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
I take it you're not a Family Guy watcher.
Translated into english, Thats not a mugen intake. You've been had, a sucker, a gullible fool. Mugen doesn't make filter on a stick intakes, they make air boxes and carbon fiber air ducts, they cost $500 or more and they don't make this one for a car. So since you fell for that.... the line which you obviously didn't get goes ....
"Hey, would you also like a satellite with a laser that can scratch your *** from space?"
To which peter replies "THEY HAVE THOSE?!?!?!"
i havent been had or been a sucker or a gullible fool if i only paid $75 for it, and wow it isnt a mugen one, great, but whatever it is its still the same power and everything else and yea sry i dont have enough time to sit on my *** all day and watch tv

Last edited by RHCP0801; 11-08-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2005
landonab

K&N 63-3513 Aircharger

Nobody has mentioned this but it's the only K&N for the 1.7L 05's. Anyone tried it, hear anything about it? Also, K&N doesn't say whether it is for an auto or manual trans...I'm assuming the trans type is irrelevant.

K&N Product Information for 63-3513
63 Series Aircharger Kits > Air Charger

knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=63-3513
Old 11-14-2005
Registered!!

dxray is an unknown quantity at this point
I could be wrong but I don't think the full CAI will fit an automatic. The transmition is in the way. You will see on the K&N and AEM web sights that CAI is for 5spd only.
Old 11-14-2005
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
bomz racing CAI AS
fitment; 4.5 fits perfect pulls very cold air from right behind the radiotor fan.
performance; 3 feels like it pulls a little harder but barely noticable
loud; 5 sounds awesome. so loud when i raced a cavalier he thought i was boosted.
overall i'd give this a 9 out of 10 because it was so cheap. i got it off ebay for 40 bucks
Old 11-15-2005
Registered!!

soltex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic
bomz racing CAI AS
fitment; 4.5 fits perfect pulls very cold air from right behind the radiotor fan.
performance; 3 feels like it pulls a little harder but barely noticable
loud; 5 sounds awesome. so loud when i raced a cavalier he thought i was boosted.
overall i'd give this a 9 out of 10 because it was so cheap. i got it off ebay for 40 bucks
Hey is this the one, i need one for an 02 LX. You got a pic of it installed.??
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
AEM V2 CAI

Fit: 5
-Perfectly....the intake adapter that comes with it was a pain to put in cuz it fit a bit too well

Power: 4
-Seemingly better response and better overall low-end but not anything significant, just as much as i was expecting from just an intake

Sound: 5
-Quiet when it needs to be...super loud when you want it to be (beyond 3k rpm)...sounds very aggressive...(after third day of it being on, i ran into a 91 lookin accord sedan n decided to give it a try...besides the fact i beat him, he rolled down his window n the first thing he said was "dude that sounds awesome...and that was just the intake?...i thought it was the exhaust...but ur exhaust is stock...")

Last edited by TurismoDreamin; 11-21-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
AEM V2 CAI

Fit: 5
-Perfectly....the intake adapter that comes with it was a pain to put in cuz it fit a bit too well

Power: 4
-Seemingly better response and better overall low-end but not anything significant, just as much as i was expecting from just an intake

Sound: 5
-Quiet when it needs to be...super loud when you want it to be (beyond 3k rpm)...sounds very aggressive...(after third day of it being on, i ran into a 91 lookin accord sedan n decided to give it a try...besides the fact i beat him, he rolled down his window n the first thing he said was "dude that sounds awesome...and that was just the intake?...i thought it was the exhaust...but ur exhaust is stock...")

you got an automatic or what.

What CAI will fit on an AUTOMATIC. help me
Old 11-21-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
only injen cai fits auto and not very well. the tubes scrape the car.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
only injen cai fits auto and not very well. the tubes scrape the car.
I guess my best bet is ebay SRI right, BTW what is low end power you always talk about...

I know i just want it for the noise and the looks.
Old 11-22-2005
small cities make me poop my pants

Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
AEM SRI 04VP A/T
Fit= 5
Power=2
Sound= HOLY ****!!

Last edited by Draven2; 11-22-2005 at 02:41 AM.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
Aem cai

fit : 4.5
power : 3.0, i notice a little more nudge at about 4,300 rpms, small, but feelable.
sound : 4.5, it's pretty loud, plus it makes a whisping sound when it's pushed to let you know it's working hard.

Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Thuener will become famous soon enoughThuener will become famous soon enough
sorry about that guys, my router died and i got a litte trigger happy with the post quick reply button heheh
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Draven2
AEM SRI 04VP A/T
Fit= 5
Power=2
Sound= HOLY ****!!

how much was the intake man
Old 11-22-2005

Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
**** I forget. My mother got it for me for Christmas back when I was still making $9/hr as a RadioShack store manager. I think it was was like $219 shipped.
Old 11-22-2005

Oh, and as far as the low-end power, That's Torque at low RPM's, which, unlike most people, I did not lose. Then again I drive an automatic and probably wouldn't notice any loss via the good old butt-dyno.
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
CAI
AEM wanabe (bought off this site)
Fit: 3
Power: 9 (well maybe not that much but after we drank like a case of beer to put it on it was awsome)
Old 12-01-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM sri

Fit: 4
Power: 2
Loudness: 4
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
It sounds like the guys with CAI are much more satisfied with their buy. I had AEM CAI on my RSX and you could feel it but I don't wanna deal with installing a CAI again, too much work to move all the stuff around. I wanna get a v2 but can't find a good price.
Old 12-07-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
K&N Typhoon SRI
Fit: 5- it took me 10 minutes to assemble it and tighten everything. perfect fit.
Power: 4. its not boosted but i can feel a bigger pull at 4k. but i can feel a difference from stock at 3k.
Loudness: 4. its louder than stock. you can hear it kick in at 3k normal throttle and there is a pitch difference anytime at WOT. beautiful sound.
Misc: im impressed. my gas mileage is still around 40mpg. its the perfect intake for my car since i don't prefer CAI cause of the hydrolocking issue.
Old 12-08-2005
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
hydrolocking is one hell of a problem. you have a simple mod on your car, just a CAI, then one day you have one hell of a rainstorm and decide to risk it driving through a puddle and BAM! you need a whole new engine. just not worth it.

anyways

AEM CAI on the acura RSX automatic (yes i had first had experience with this )

fit 1 - pipe took forever to fit, had to bend battery mount and **** with a bunch of stuff to get it in, took forever.

power - 3.5 - i had an auto so gains were crap but i could feel it. allowed my car to breath better too, didn't jerk me forward when i downshifted

sound - 4 - sounded cool, not as loud as SRI i've heard but once I hit 3k you knew i had an intake. Gave my car this brrrrrh, *shift* buuurrrrhh, sound.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

BtheCarp is an unknown quantity at this point
I am looking to get a CAI for my '03 ex with a M/T. My friend was telling me about a new brand called F5 Fujita and how it was created by the former head engineer at Injen. Has anyone used their CAI? If so what were your thoughts on it.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

redex04 is an unknown quantity at this point
how long/hard is it to install a AEM CAI on a ex with a manual tranny?
Old 12-31-2005
Registered!!

93hondacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
aem cold air intake verison 1

fit 4
power 3-4
loudness- 3-4 only when u get on the throttle
Old 12-31-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
AEM V2:
*fit: 5 (very easy to install)
*power: 4 ( !!, had AEM CAI and deffinetly is better)
*loudness: 4

Last edited by boricua_civic; 01-08-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

Eclectic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by keitaro
reading this thread, and seeing how much an improvement there is.. i am thinking of getting a reusable K&N drop-in filter instead, should improve yet retain its quietness
yea same here...even though the FIPK seemed promising
Old 01-13-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
AEM CAI v1

Fits: 3 never really got the 2nd mount with the bushing to line up!

Sound: 5 Great base came from the engine bay; and I loved to hear it shut off!

Power: 3.5 At 4500 RPM's you can hear me a commin!
Old 01-15-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
K&N Typhoon 69 Series SRI
installed on my 2001 ex

Fit: 5 Absolutely perfect. Doesn't rub or touch anything. I also have neuspeed strut bar.

Power: 4. I noticed the gain the minute I got on the highway. Accelerates much faster and smoother than stock.

Loudness: 4. At low rpms sounds similar to stock. At 3500+ rpm there is an audible growl that is a nice loud sound.

I am extremely happy with the K&N. I got the powder coated silver one. I had planned to get the polished, but it was out of stock so I went with silver. It looks better in person than it does on the web. Looks good, sounds good, and I can feel the difference. I will be watching my MPG this week and see if it gets better or worse. Hopefully stays the same or gets better. =)

edit: first time getting gas since the intake was put in. I put 274 miles on the car and put in exactly 9 gallons = 30.5mpg. I was getting about 32mpg before. I'll check it again next time I fill up.

Last edited by digitaldemigod; 01-18-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
No one running a K&N FIPK.I just installed mine the other day.

K&N FIPK HAP
Fit = 5 Fits perfect and I have the Neuspeed strut bar.
Power = 4 Especially after 3500 rpms
Loudness = 4 Screams at 4000 rpm+ I Love it
Misc.Heatshield Included
Overall I love the sound of it

Quick Reply: Rate your intake