Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Seat Belt cushions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004
YUL
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
Seat Belt cushions

I just noticed about 3 cars with seat belt cushions while I was out today?

D'you guys think they're ricey or do they serve a purpose?
Old 05-13-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
They do serve a purpose. To cushion the seat belt.
Old 05-13-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
If it says Powered by "Japanese Letters"... someone just put them on there to act cool. If the belt really rides on your neck funny, I can see a use, but their real purpose is for harnesses, which if you pull them as tight as you should, can start to get a little annoying and rub a lot. The pads just give you a little cushion and keeps them from digging in.
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

MoniraInc is an unknown quantity at this point
They are awesome!

I got some sweet ones from http://www.customizedpads.com with my name on them. Black pad w/ red thread. Matches the theme i'm going with...

Last edited by MoniraInc; 08-13-2004 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-13-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
LOL @ "Powerd by 'Japanese Letters' "

I love the guys that put the "HARNESS CUSHIONS" on the REAR seatbelts! lol That just cracks me up...
Old 05-13-2004
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
When I autocross I torq my seatbelt down as tight as I can & then lock it, that way it stays torqed down & I dont move. Now this dosent feel to good against the neck after a few turns, so next time im going to borrow some my friend has in his car. Ill probably buy a set later, but only for race days.

Ricy yes, but they can serve a pourpose.
Old 05-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
they serve a purpose of course depending which ones you have. i think i need one cuz my seatbelt burns my dam neck.

but i seen fools with old nissan sentras that have those seatbelt pads that says powered by nismo or powered by trd

oh yea, sorry for going off topic but today while driving, i saw an old school beater toyota that has a huge turbo sticker on the rear windshield
Old 05-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by MoniraInc
They are awesome!

I got some sweet ones from http://www.customizedpads.com with my name on them. Black pad w/ red thread. Matches the theme i'm going with...

I had APC ones before and they sucked pretty bad but the ones from that site is awesome.

hey, can you post some pics of them? i wanna see their quality of work. what do you think about them? are they perfectly fine? is the material goodshit? im thinkin about gettin a set.
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Originally posted by jiggerachi
When I autocross I torq my seatbelt down as tight as I can & then lock it, that way it stays torqed down & I dont move. Now this dosent feel to good against the neck after a few turns, so next time im going to borrow some my friend has in his car. Ill probably buy a set later, but only for race days.

Ricy yes, but they can serve a pourpose.
Do you mean you lock the stock seatbelts? If so, how do you go about doing this?
Old 05-13-2004
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea...the ones i saw were the 'wowo' kind
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
i can't drive without one now.. it just feels odd.. but yes it does serve a purpose to cushion my shoulder
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

OniChi is an unknown quantity at this point
I got one.. hate it when the seat belt rub against the neck... rice is different to everyone. So what's rice for one person is fine for others and vice versa.
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough
yeah I have em too. Paid like 20.00 for the pair. Sooooo comfortable. I like em.
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UltimateStock is on a distinguished road
i got 'em. black/red ones. off of ebay. they are great. i don't like driving w/out 'em now. LOL!!!! I GOT 'EM IN THE BACK SEAT TOO!!!!!
they are only for look though since no one sits there. ...but it looks nice...i think. maybe ricey for someone but its not for me. looks clean
esp w/ the seatbelts all nice and buckled up. yeah...i even got those neck pillows on ebay to match. now, that may seem ricy, cause during a daily drive, you don't even feel it, hardly..maybe the top of ur back if anything. but when i'm stuck in the parking lot waiting for class....and i lean my seat back, its the PERFECT pillow. soooooo soft. word. works for me.
Old 05-13-2004
Boosted Auto

deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
i used to have all 4 belts with them but took them all off exept mine. cant stand to drive without one the thing chokes me otherwise
Old 05-13-2004
Registered!!

Blueboi105 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm about to buy a set for my sparco harness.. the belts are alil strain on my chest.. I have red harnesses, should I get sparco reds or black pads?

Old 05-13-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
i have momo ones 10 whp
Old 05-14-2004
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Majarvis
Do you mean you lock the stock seatbelts? If so, how do you go about doing this?

Yea, I learned this from my AutoX instructor. What you do is, suck in your stomach & pull the seatbelt as tight as you can, then while holding the seatbelt tight with your left hend, reach up with your right hand & pull it straight out real fast near the loop at the top of the door, hard enough so the the locking mechanism takes effect. Let go of the seatbelt & the pressure will keep the seatbelt locked in place. Adjust the top / bottom bias so its even, then hit the track. It always helps to pull the seat back a few clicks before doing this, then when its tight, reach down & move the seat up a click or 2, this will make a little tighter. You can get it REAL tight doing this, a little too tight sometimes, this is why those seatbelt pads would come in handy. It takes a few trys to get it right, just play with it & see what works best for you. Not as good as a harness, but a handy way to keep from sliding around on the track.

Let me know if this makes sinse.

Last edited by jiggerachi; 05-14-2004 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2004
Registered!!

Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point
I have them only because my friend was in a accident where the seat belt left a huge cut on his neck. He still has the mark till this day, now he only will get in a car that has the shoulder pads.
Old 05-14-2004
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
Yeah, they definitely help in a wreck.
Old 05-14-2004
Registered!!

Majarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trustedMajarvis should not be trusted
Originally posted by jiggerachi
Yea, I learned this from my AutoX instructor. What you do is, suck in your stomach & pull the seatbelt as tight as you can, then while holding the seatbelt tight with your left hend, reach up with your right hand & pull it straight out real fast near the loop at the top of the door, hard enough so the the locking mechanism takes effect. Let go of the seatbelt & the pressure will keep the seatbelt locked in place. Adjust the top / bottom bias so its even, then hit the track. It always helps to pull the seat back a few clicks before doing this, then when its tight, reach down & move the seat up a click or 2, this will make a little tighter. You can get it REAL tight doing this, a little too tight sometimes, this is why those seatbelt pads would come in handy. It takes a few trys to get it right, just play with it & see what works best for you. Not as good as a harness, but a handy way to keep from sliding around on the track.

Let me know if this makes sinse.
Ahhh, cool tip, I'll have to try that out
Old 05-14-2004
Registered!!

flipBloodracer is an unknown quantity at this point
i have sparco red pads...match my dash painted red and my red sparco pedals....comfy not rice....
Old 05-15-2004
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
yah protects you alot in an accident, i have them and its very comfy for daily driving
Old 05-17-2004
Registered!!

MoniraInc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jttegx
hey, can you post some pics of them? i wanna see their quality of work. what do you think about them? are they perfectly fine? is the material goodshit? im thinkin about gettin a set.
Hey,
Sorry it took me so long to reply but I don't have a digi cam . I couldn't imagine not having them. Its great quality. I've had them for about 6 months and they still look and feel great. I had my other ones for about 4 months and after about 3 you could start feelling the wear in them but the ones from the site are awesome. The material is smooth and holds together well..its hard to explain...like it doesn't **** cause its of different material. They cost a little bit more but worth it in the long run. Also the guys that do it have a really good turn around time. They shipped it off two days after placing my order.

Post some pics of what you get if you get something unique.

Last edited by MoniraInc; 05-18-2004 at 12:02 AM.