Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Engine Performance (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance)
-   -   Seat Belt cushions (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/266-bolt-engine-performance/154770-seat-belt-cushions.html)

YUL 05-13-2004 06:48 PM

Seat Belt cushions

I just noticed about 3 cars with seat belt cushions while I was out today?

D'you guys think they're ricey or do they serve a purpose?

EManEX 05-13-2004 07:00 PM

They do serve a purpose. To cushion the seat belt.

Boilermaker1 05-13-2004 07:27 PM

If it says Powered by "Japanese Letters"... someone just put them on there to act cool. If the belt really rides on your neck funny, I can see a use, but their real purpose is for harnesses, which if you pull them as tight as you should, can start to get a little annoying and rub a lot. The pads just give you a little cushion and keeps them from digging in.

MoniraInc 05-13-2004 07:29 PM

They are awesome!

I got some sweet ones from http://www.customizedpads.com with my name on them. Black pad w/ red thread. Matches the theme i'm going with...

FattyMcJ 05-13-2004 07:31 PM

LOL @ "Powerd by 'Japanese Letters' "

I love the guys that put the "HARNESS CUSHIONS" on the REAR seatbelts! lol That just cracks me up...

jiggerachi 05-13-2004 07:35 PM

When I autocross I torq my seatbelt down as tight as I can & then lock it, that way it stays torqed down & I dont move. Now this dosent feel to good against the neck after a few turns, so next time im going to borrow some my friend has in his car. Ill probably buy a set later, but only for race days.

Ricy yes, but they can serve a pourpose.

jttegx 05-13-2004 08:18 PM

they serve a purpose of course depending which ones you have. i think i need one cuz my seatbelt burns my dam neck. :(

but i seen fools with old nissan sentras that have those seatbelt pads that says powered by nismo or powered by trd :hgrin:

oh yea, sorry for going off topic but today while driving, i saw an old school beater toyota that has a huge turbo sticker on the rear windshield :rofl:

jttegx 05-13-2004 08:23 PM

Originally posted by MoniraInc
They are awesome!

I got some sweet ones from http://www.customizedpads.com with my name on them. Black pad w/ red thread. Matches the theme i'm going with...

I had APC ones before and they sucked pretty bad but the ones from that site is awesome.

hey, can you post some pics of them? i wanna see their quality of work. what do you think about them? are they perfectly fine? is the material goodshit? im thinkin about gettin a set.

Majarvis 05-13-2004 08:47 PM

Originally posted by jiggerachi
When I autocross I torq my seatbelt down as tight as I can & then lock it, that way it stays torqed down & I dont move. Now this dosent feel to good against the neck after a few turns, so next time im going to borrow some my friend has in his car. Ill probably buy a set later, but only for race days.

Ricy yes, but they can serve a pourpose.

Do you mean you lock the stock seatbelts? If so, how do you go about doing this?

YUL 05-13-2004 09:03 PM

yea...the ones i saw were the 'wowo' kind

Macko 05-13-2004 09:20 PM

i can't drive without one now.. it just feels odd.. but yes it does serve a purpose to cushion my shoulder

OniChi 05-13-2004 10:00 PM

I got one.. hate it when the seat belt rub against the neck... rice is different to everyone. So what's rice for one person is fine for others and vice versa.

joe6680 05-13-2004 10:05 PM

yeah I have em too. Paid like 20.00 for the pair. Sooooo comfortable. I like em.

UltimateStock 05-13-2004 10:10 PM

i got 'em. black/red ones. off of ebay. they are great. i don't like driving w/out 'em now. LOL!!!! I GOT 'EM IN THE BACK SEAT TOO!!!!!
they are only for look though since no one sits there. ...but it looks nice...i think. maybe ricey for someone but its not for me. looks clean
esp w/ the seatbelts all nice and buckled up. yeah...i even got those neck pillows on ebay to match. now, that may seem ricy, cause during a daily drive, you don't even feel it, hardly..maybe the top of ur back if anything. but when i'm stuck in the parking lot waiting for class....and i lean my seat back, its the PERFECT pillow. soooooo soft. word. works for me.

deciuss 05-13-2004 10:24 PM

i used to have all 4 belts with them but took them all off exept mine. cant stand to drive without one the thing chokes me otherwise

Blueboi105 05-13-2004 10:56 PM

i'm about to buy a set for my sparco harness.. the belts are alil strain on my chest.. I have red harnesses, should I get sparco reds or black pads?

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid.../16804seat.JPG

zachgeyer 05-13-2004 11:07 PM

i have momo ones 10 whp

jiggerachi 05-14-2004 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Majarvis
Do you mean you lock the stock seatbelts? If so, how do you go about doing this?

Yea, I learned this from my AutoX instructor. What you do is, suck in your stomach & pull the seatbelt as tight as you can, then while holding the seatbelt tight with your left hend, reach up with your right hand & pull it straight out real fast near the loop at the top of the door, hard enough so the the locking mechanism takes effect. Let go of the seatbelt & the pressure will keep the seatbelt locked in place. Adjust the top / bottom bias so its even, then hit the track. It always helps to pull the seat back a few clicks before doing this, then when its tight, reach down & move the seat up a click or 2, this will make a little tighter. You can get it REAL tight doing this, a little too tight sometimes, this is why those seatbelt pads would come in handy. It takes a few trys to get it right, just play with it & see what works best for you. Not as good as a harness, but a handy way to keep from sliding around on the track.

Let me know if this makes sinse.

Jeff 05-14-2004 02:57 AM

I have them only because my friend was in a accident where the seat belt left a huge cut on his neck. He still has the mark till this day, now he only will get in a car that has the shoulder pads.

teampointless 05-14-2004 08:42 AM

Yeah, they definitely help in a wreck.

Majarvis 05-14-2004 05:21 PM

Originally posted by jiggerachi
Yea, I learned this from my AutoX instructor. What you do is, suck in your stomach & pull the seatbelt as tight as you can, then while holding the seatbelt tight with your left hend, reach up with your right hand & pull it straight out real fast near the loop at the top of the door, hard enough so the the locking mechanism takes effect. Let go of the seatbelt & the pressure will keep the seatbelt locked in place. Adjust the top / bottom bias so its even, then hit the track. It always helps to pull the seat back a few clicks before doing this, then when its tight, reach down & move the seat up a click or 2, this will make a little tighter. You can get it REAL tight doing this, a little too tight sometimes, this is why those seatbelt pads would come in handy. It takes a few trys to get it right, just play with it & see what works best for you. Not as good as a harness, but a handy way to keep from sliding around on the track.

Let me know if this makes sinse.

Ahhh, cool tip, I'll have to try that out :clap:

flipBloodracer 05-14-2004 05:46 PM

i have sparco red pads...match my dash painted red and my red sparco pedals....comfy not rice....

nme3 05-15-2004 03:45 AM

yah protects you alot in an accident, i have them and its very comfy for daily driving

MoniraInc 05-17-2004 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by jttegx
hey, can you post some pics of them? i wanna see their quality of work. what do you think about them? are they perfectly fine? is the material goodshit? im thinkin about gettin a set.

Hey,
Sorry it took me so long to reply but I don't have a digi cam :( . I couldn't imagine not having them. Its great quality. I've had them for about 6 months and they still look and feel great. I had my other ones for about 4 months and after about 3 you could start feelling the wear in them but the ones from the site are awesome. The material is smooth and holds together well..its hard to explain...like it doesn't shag cause its of different material. They cost a little bit more but worth it in the long run. Also the guys that do it have a really good turn around time. They shipped it off two days after placing my order.

Post some pics of what you get if you get something unique.