Bolt-on Engine Performance Post questions/information about intakes, exhausts, headers, lightweight pulleys or flywheels? It belongs here.

Volant cool air intake released?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Volant cool air intake released?

So what's the status on this thing. It's been in R&D for over a year now, and I'm starting to see websites with new descriptions. What do you think? I'm gonna try calling around to see if they're in stock. This could be the best intake yet for our cars. Only problem is they're more than $250.

Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volant Cool Air Intake Systems are revolutionizing the way a true COLD air intake should be manufactured. Volant engineers each vehicle application to give the customer a quality intake that fits and installs like OEM. Volant modifies the air intake duct and filter box by reducing intake restrictions, rerouting and increasing the diameter of the new air duct without removing any OEM sensors from the vehicle. All Volant intakes systems are molded with a high-grade X-Link polyethylene material to insulate the air box from conducting as much heat as would metal. These kits are designed to deliver a dramatically increased volume of air. Volant air intake systems increase performance up to 18 horsepower and 40 pounds of torque! Some customers increased their gas mileage by 1 to 2 miles per gallon.

Includes Hi-Flow Velocity Air Box!
Volant's Cool-Air kits, with their Hi-Flow Velocity Air Boxes are designed to pull cold air from outside the engine compartment to shield the new high performance reusable cotton gauze filter from the engines heat. Leaving an exposed filter in the engine compartment draws the heat from the engine, meaning the hotter it gets the less oxygen there is, it makes your engine work that much harder to breath. Usually, much larger than stock, the boxes are designed to deliver a dramatically increased volume of air.

Features:
Cool Air Box Only Pulls In Cool Outside Air!
Made From Heavy Duty Ethelyn Plastic!
Molded To Exact Specifications For A Superb Fit!
Designed to deliver a dramatically increased volume of air!
Gains up to 18 horsepower and 40 pounds of torque!
Gas mileage increase up to 1 to 2 mile per gallon!
Old 04-28-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
half_n_half17 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah man with this you'll smoke a vette. 18 hp and 40 lbs. Maybe on a vette... i can't see spending 250 on an intake, unless you just want to be different. I could respect that though.
Old 04-28-2004
Registered!!

jackal903 is an unknown quantity at this point
$250 is too much for me........still not including shipping right?
Old 04-28-2004
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
id buy it if they put them up on ebay so i could bid.
Old 04-28-2004
Registered!!

Civryder02 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm doing turbo so that isn't important to me ... 18 hp maybe from intake or like 75+ from turbo ... hmm decisions decisions
Old 04-28-2004
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
he said 18 hp on a vette. definitely not on our car.

5 hp max. imo.
Old 04-30-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
The design and materials beat all the other intakes out there. And it's cold air with box.
Old 05-01-2004
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
its still just an intake. 2hp or something like that
Old 05-01-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
if the k&n fipkII gives 4 hp and the same in torque, this thing should atleast double that output, if not give a little more...i'm with you gearbox, i'll take one if they ever decide to sell them
Old 05-01-2004
Premium Member

And this new one has a box for the filter, so more torque and cold air from below. They spent years researching this thing beofre releasing it. I'm gonna call in a few weeks to see who has one.
Old 05-01-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
pm me if you get any info
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Why would it do more than K&N? It's longer with sharper curves which could potentially slow the air down. Or at least that 90 degree bend right where it connects might.

I dunno tho. A few intake styles do it that way.

What is that box at the beginning for?

Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

That's for the filter. We won't really know until someone gets it, or the company posts a real dyno. I still think they're not out yet. Maybe in a couple weeks.
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

OniChi is an unknown quantity at this point
$250 USD **** that would be up to $400 CDN or so.. then there is the issue of shipping and crap tariffs. Man I think I'll take that $500-600 CDN or so and spend it on something else. But people who can justify to get this intake, have fun and post some dyno's after.
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

Another thing that makes it better than K&N is the closed filter design, so no chance of sucking in hot air. The K&N has a partial heat shield, but air can still go around it.

It's alot of money. The website I found has it for $277 +shipping.
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Come on guys, its an intake. It does the same thing as other intakes..... sucks up air better.

I dont see how people think it will perform better then other intakes on our power house D17
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
I was told they are being distributed NOW

Last edited by cdmx; 05-02-2004 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2004
Registered!!

dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
were?
Old 05-02-2004
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
nice.... but i'll save the $$$ for boost
Old 05-02-2004
Premium Member

See if that works:

http://www.proficientperformance.com...oxed_car_honda
Old 05-03-2004
Registered!!

dragin will become famous soon enoughdragin will become famous soon enough
is it accually in stock tho?
Old 05-03-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally posted by gearbox
Another thing that makes it better than K&N is the closed filter design, so no chance of sucking in hot air. The K&N has a partial heat shield, but air can still go around it.

It's alot of money. The website I found has it for $277 +shipping.
I cant see why someone wouldnt just get the Injen if they wanted a "true cold air". So far being plastic, it's been established that this intake will keep in less hot air. But I'm wondering how is it possible that there is no chance of sucking in hot air? Unless there is like... some temp sensor that will discard the warm air and keep the cooler air, I think any type of air, be it hot cold warm, will still get in. ALso, isnt the exhaust manifold the hottest part of the engine bay anyway?