To anyone that has Morimoto xB ballasts installed - Honda Civic Forum

HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

To anyone that has Morimoto xB ballasts installed

Old 1 Week Ago
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
To anyone that has Morimoto xB ballasts installed

I'm experiencing an intermittent fail-to-fire condition with one headlight with these HIDs. I've submitted a ticket with theretrofitsouce about it (literally 5 minutes ago), and I'm just gathering data to see if anyone else is experiencing the same cold-weather issues to see if these ballasts are, indeed, subject to the issues of the same nature.

If you've been around the block a bit, you may remember I had these same issues with TRS's Morimoto 3Five ballasts

See my previous thread here

For those that don't know, TRS said that they, too, found out those ballasts were subject to cold weather issues, where the magnetic core in the igniter was sometimes unable to produce the necessary 16KV to produce a stable arc in the bulbs. To alleviate the issue, they redesigned the ballast with a new igniter to produce 23KV for arc production. They also sent me a set of those newly designed ballasts as a warranty replacement.