HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

HID 2009 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZoSoIV is an unknown quantity at this point
HID 2009 Civic

Ok I've seen a few YouTube videos on doing HID on a 2009 Civic just wanted some info from the doers here if it's a pain to get to the bulbs or not , I don't want to take the front bumper off
Old 12-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HID 2009 Civic

Stock headlight bulbs are usually fairly easy to change, either you can reach them from above in the engine compartment or you pull the inner fender liner down a bit and reach in through the wheelwell to get to the back of the headlight housing.

If you want to remove the entire headlight housings, you need to pull the bumper cover off.

Stock headlight housings are not suited for HID use. The beam pattern will be crap and you may blind other drivers.

Finally.....
When you install and find places to hide the components.....
DO NOT MOUNT A BALLAST ANYWHERE NEAR THE ABS UNIT OR ITS WIRING HARNESS!!!!!!!!!
You can thank me for that bit of advice later.

HTH
Old 12-01-2015
Registered!!

Yeah I knew about the abs unit , how about LEDs easier no ballast right?
Old 12-01-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

how about LEDs easier no ballast right?
I dunno, I've got stock headlights in my car.

I've been strongly considering HIR bulbs for mine, but haven't done it yet.
Old 12-01-2015
Registered!!

HID you mean , I've read the HID are fine in the Civic headlight housing without going projectors
Old 12-01-2015

No, I mean HIR. Halogen Infrared Reflecting

http://www.finemotoring.com/
Old 12-10-2015
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ZoSoIV
HID you mean , I've read the HID are fine in the Civic headlight housing without going projectors
If by fine you mean illegal then yes they are good at that. Even projector retrofits are illegal, but at least they have a proper beam pattern and actually put usable light down the road and not scatter it everywhere.

And please keep your bulb color below 6K if you do go hid. Blue light hurts both the drivers and the oncoming traffics ability to see. The eye can't process it the same as white/yellow light wavelengths.
Old 12-11-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Don't put HIDs in stock reflector headlights. Retrofitting HID projectors into 8thgen headlights isn't hard. Less chance of getting pulled over for em. And as far as color temp goes, 4500-5000k is all you should be going. Even 6000k is too blue