HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

retrofitting

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ericf1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
retrofitting

i am currently looking at these http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181 for my 03 civic. i was wondering if they are the right ones that i should get. im also going to add on the 5000k bulb for 25 more. ive heard that theyre fairly easy to install, just have to take the lights out, take off lens, replace the bulb with the projectors, put everything back. is it really this easy? does anyone also know if profession auto body shops do retrofitting becasue i have never done retrofitting in my life before and i dont want to ruin my headlights.
Old 04-22-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: retrofitting

yes they are that easy.

there are DIY step by step guides.

you bake ur headlights,

take the lens off,

plug the projector in

heat the headlights back up (to soften the glue)

put the headlights back together.

install headlights on ur car.
Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

tallal565 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ericf1993
i am currently looking at these http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3181 for my 03 civic. i was wondering if they are the right ones that i should get. im also going to add on the 5000k bulb for 25 more. ive heard that theyre fairly easy to install, just have to take the lights out, take off lens, replace the bulb with the projectors, put everything back. is it really this easy? does anyone also know if profession auto body shops do retrofitting becasue i have never done retrofitting in my life before and i dont want to ruin my headlights.
i actually did a retrofit with those same projectors on my 2004 civic. the beam is mint and i suggest 5000k, oci-butyl resealant to reseal the headlights and a relay harness to protect the whole hid assembly.

you need a heat gun and slowly pry off from one side until its all open. its hard and make sure not to pry too hard. once open, put in the projector and screw the shroud. you should get a mini gatling shroud. i tried the large one and it doesnt fit. then stretch the oci-butyl paste thing in the headlight sealant area and heat the part up. once the clear peice is placed back on, squeeze very hard with pliers so you dont get condensation.

im gonna try to get get some pics up
Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

this is before i adjusted them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-19 23.19.41.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	83190  
Old 05-04-2012
Registered!!

ericf1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tallal565
i actually did a retrofit with those same projectors on my 2004 civic. the beam is mint and i suggest 5000k, oci-butyl resealant to reseal the headlights and a relay harness to protect the whole hid assembly.

you need a heat gun and slowly pry off from one side until its all open. its hard and make sure not to pry too hard. once open, put in the projector and screw the shroud. you should get a mini gatling shroud. i tried the large one and it doesnt fit. then stretch the oci-butyl paste thing in the headlight sealant area and heat the part up. once the clear peice is placed back on, squeeze very hard with pliers so you dont get condensation.

im gonna try to get get some pics up
ok thanks, do you know where i can get a good relay harness for a good price?
Old 05-04-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

TRS's relay harness, even though it's $35, is freakin awesome. Just thought I'd throw that one out there. It's the only one I've had that doesn't momentarily shut off my low beam when I flash my high beams
Old 05-15-2012
Registered!!

ok thanks, do you know where i can get a good relay harness for a good price?
theretrofitsource relay is the best. easy to use and good quality.