HIDs and Retrofitting Discuss HIDs bulbs, ballasts, projectors and custom retrofits here.

Hid conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andradesketch is an unknown quantity at this point
Hid conversion kit

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to where to find an HID conversion kit for a 2010 civic LX? Thank you in advance.
Old 01-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Hid conversion kit

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=227
Old 01-04-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

a retrofit is always prefered and suggested.

but if u want a stright plug and play, get the DDM kit. (google ddm tuning"

its 30$ and lifetime warranty. i been using them for the last 4 years and have never had a problem
Old 01-04-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Only problem I've had with my DDM kit was the relay harness, simply because I forgot to put di-electric grease on the relay connection.. Still rockin a DDM kit with my TSX retrofit
Old 01-04-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Only problem I've had with my DDM kit was the relay harness, simply because I forgot to put di-electric grease on the relay connection.. Still rockin a DDM kit with my TSX retrofit

not a fan of any aftermarket wiring harness. they use 16awg wire which isnt enough to run anything higher than 35w.

i build my own with 12awg. much better and reliable.

@op

here is the $30 one. its the size of a normal ballast. lifetime warranty.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

here is their slim version, its $10 more.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
Old 01-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andradesketch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and experiences I will look at these links for sure! Thanks again!
Old 01-04-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
not a fan of any aftermarket wiring harness. they use 16awg wire which isnt enough to run anything higher than 35w.

i build my own with 12awg. much better and reliable.
Yea, I was thinking about making my own this time around.

Oh, and back on the DDM kit, I'm rocking their 55w slim ballast kit.

here's pics of my light output. The first picture you'll come across shows the difference between slapping an HID kit into halogen projectors vs an HID retrofit.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-new-hids.html
Old 01-04-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Someone less lazy than I am should explain the difference between a $275 Morimoto retro-fit kit and a $25 DDM kit to the OP.
Old 01-04-2011
Administrator
Administrator

$275 buys you HID projectors, shrouds, ballasts, and bulbs.

The $30 DDM kit just buys you ballasts and shrouds.

Performance difference, the $275 will give you plenty of useable light with minimal glare.
Stick the $30 kit in your OEM reflectors, you'll send glare into oncoming cars and rear view mirrors, making people wanting to punch you in the face.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

EM2 Rookie is an unknown quantity at this point

iv been thinking about doing tsx projector retro fit
but wouldnt it b easier to find a tsx at a junk yard (hopefull still has headlights) n take those projectors n just buy new lenses, shourds, bulbs, n ddm ballast?
thinkin of OEM retro-fit
Old 01-05-2011
Administrator
Administrator

If you went that route, you can get away with just buying a DDM kit with D2S bulbs then a set of shrouds, if you so desire. The lenses should be unmolested. Perhaps a little dirty from being exposed to the elements if the bulbs were taken out, but minimal at most.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

planning on doing that
right now im rocking DDM 55w 12k H4 Hi/Low plug n glare
so i could get away with the 55w ballast when i get the projectors since all of DDM's bulb are compatible with their ballast??
Old 01-05-2011
Administrator
Administrator

I'm rockin a 55w DDM ballast with my TSX retro. You'll have to buy an amphenol to D2S pigtail adapter to make 'em work. DDM uses the universal aftermarket HID amphenol connectors, but D2S uses an OEM connection. Luckily for you (and others that wish to get a retrofit done after getting a PnP kit like myself), theretrofitsource and ddm both sell amphenol to D2S adapters.
Old 01-05-2011
Registered!!

what k do the d2s bulbs come available in?
Old 01-06-2011

Originally Posted by EM2 Rookie
what k do the d2s bulbs come available in?
aftermarket d2s come in 3000k - 14000k

OEM d2s (philips, orasm) come in 4300-4800k