1st - 5th Gen Do It Yourself Articles Look here for anything and everything you want to do yourself for your Civic and save money! If you can't find what you were looking for here, what about writing an article yourself? Hep appreciated! Questions on how to do are better suited in the Mechanical issues section

power to manual rack mod for EX d series

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ReVeRb2020x is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry power to manual rack mod for EX d series

Okay here goes. I have a 95 ex with manual transmission and I am trying to mod it with my friends help from power steering to manual rack and pinion. I found out my rack was leaking fluid so I decided to buy a manual rack. While browsing autozones website I seen they offer both for the D16 ex so i got the manual rack and watched some videos on the mod. One particular vid said i wouldnt have to drop the cradle but I think his was an automatic and mines a manual and I've already deleted power steering pump and resivor and all the hoses and have the rack unbolted but I cannot get it out. I cannot get it past the tranny linkage! Its like so close but its just not gonna f-in happen.

Does anyone know if I drop the tranny linkage will that even work? Can I get it out that way or do i gotta drop the cradle? and if so how the heck do i do it? How do i unblot the tranny linkage? Or unblot the cradle?

Time is ticking guys! Any help is very greatly appreciated! Gots nothin but love for all my eg brothas!

Last edited by sdaidoji; 11-30-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: removed "help!" and added ps to ms
Old 12-07-2012
Registered!!

Re: NEED HELP ASAP! Manual rack mod for EX d series!

Dropping tranny linkage worked.....autozone sold me a manual rack with no freakin mounting bushings! I had to order these from the honda dealership because nobody carries them....oh well rack will be in tuesday and off for an alignment.
Old 12-09-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

sorry, have been out of forums for a week... yes, a friend mentioned to me you need to remove linkage....
Old 12-09-2012
Registered!!

No problem. Thanks for the response anyways. Im new to the forums but they are great. Ya know sometimes its just better to figure things out on your own.