Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction methods (Turbos & Nitrous Oxide) and swaps here

Engine swap info needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mattmodder89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine swap info needed

Hey there, it's my first time in a forum, so go easy on me. Lol. I have a forth gen 1989 Honda civic do hatchback, I have the d15b2 engine in it, with a 5 speed tranny, runs great, got at leas 150K on the motor, I plan to keep it for a long time, but I want more power. I already put cold air intake, and after market exhaust system, love it so far. So hears my question, if I already have the d15b2, I want to get another bear block to pump up then swap with ease, and will look the same, and bolt up perfectly. Can I use the d15b7 block? Will it bolt in correctly? Do you have a better suggestion?
Thank you now for any advice.
Old 03-10-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Engine swap info needed

...No point swapping an eco engine for an eco engine, imo.

Go with a B series or K, if you're going to go through all the work.

However those will need aftermarket mounts, they won't just drop in.
Old 03-10-2016
Registered!!

Mattmodder89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac25
...No point swapping an eco engine for an eco engine, imo.

Go with a B series or K, if you're going to go through all the work.

However those will need aftermarket mounts, they won't just drop in.
Thank for the advice. I'm looking to have an engine that bolts up perfectly with what I have. I'm going to do lots of work to the extra block I'm getting. I also want it to look the same as the engine stock. Yeah I know about the K20 and others like it is a huge jump, but too many mounting issues. Just can, from your knowledge, the d15b6, or the d16z2 bolt up nice?
Thx
Old 11-18-2019
Registered!!

skkaccthonda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Can someone point me to the official TSB 10-048 document? I have the same problem and want to go to small claims court. I want to read the official document but I cannot find it on the web. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skkaccthonda
Hello,

Can someone point me to the official TSB 10-048 document? I have the same problem and want to go to small claims court. I want to read the official document but I cannot find it on the web. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
This one:

https://www.8thcivic.com/attachments...48-pdf.139330/