Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

On/Off Engine Sputtering 95 Dx

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MickyGotGot is an unknown quantity at this point
On/Off Engine Sputtering 95 Dx

My civic Is sputtering on throttle, till the point to where I'm continually pressing the gas down and the rpm is going down but the engine is speeding up. When I get to 80% throttle then it's just full send, then back to sputtering if it's barely pressed down. With the issue to where it's at a slight incline sitting at a light it'll sometimes gradually lose power and just end but you can turn it back on just fine. Also the RPM is sitting at a low 300 where it should be 700. It's been killing me, fuel pump is still doing its thing, fuel filter is new, injectors be ticking, it's getting air, plugs and wires is new. Only thing left really is cap and rotor that I haven't done but I don't even know at this point.
Old 01-01-2022
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: On/Off Engine Sputtering 95 Dx

Getting quality spark? Watch the video in my signature at the bottom of this reply. A bad/weak ignition coil cam cause several idle and misfire issue

Do a dry and wet (capfull of oil in each cylinder) compression test on it.
Water in gas? Replace inline fuel filter ifnit has one.
Have a helper press gas pedal while you inspect the throttle body cable, linkage, and butterfly (flap) in the TB bore. Though rare, the TB cable can split inside sheeth, lose tension and not work properly.
Also, remove and clean the throttle body.

Check mechanical timing (crank and cam). Maybe the timing belt jumped teeth?