Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

93 Civic LX Running rough and RPM Gauge going nuts only when car runs rough. PLZ HELP

Old 05-09-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
riceburner254 is an unknown quantity at this point
93 Civic LX Running rough and RPM Gauge going nuts only when car runs rough. PLZ HELP

I had bought a 93 Civic LX for $500. I am traveling 120 miles a day in a 94 Jeep Cherokee Country in-line 6 15-17 mpg so I bought it.. Always wanted a Civic to fix up... lol Anyways, the civic didn't run until my friend cleaned the connections on the distributor cap and banged on the fuel pump regulator went ahead and R&R the distributor cap, rotor and fuel pump regulator... ran fine for 2 weeks... then started to run rough and wouldn't start.... R&R a fuel pump, same thing... R&R fuel filter same thing... R&R Distributor, ran better for a min, then would start but ran rough..... found I had a vacuum leak from the map sensor to the throttle body... blocked the area on the throttle body and rerouted the vacuum line into my fuel pressure regulator... runs a lil better but still rough... I had herd about the grounding problem so kinda fixed that... was pretty messed up. I forgot to say I also put in new spark plugs.... my RPM gauge is going nuts but only when the car is running rough... if the car is going to run fine then it runs right???? Also my speedometer goes kinda crazy when its running rough... One more thing... when it's running rough, and the RPM gauge drops to 0 when the car is still idling.. if it stays on 0 the car dies, then I have to turn the key off and on a few time before it'll start again.... but if I shut it off let it sit for a second it'll start right back up? Please HELP I need this car, I can't afford to keep putting gas into my Jeep... and I'm pretty much out funds to put anymore part into it.... I hope someone can help.... Thank you very much for your time and help!

Last edited by riceburner254; 05-09-2013 at 06:28 PM.