Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Engine Chocking???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
borsuk48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Engine Chocking???

Hello,

I have a 1995 honda civic DX, AUTO. it has 160xxx. Here is the problem:

I bought the car used, there is a new air filter, wires, distributor cap, and so on. Besdies the spark plugs i think everything has been changed including oil.

When the car is cold (and this only happens on a cold engine) and I start driving it the engines starts to chock. When it starts to chock the check engine light comes on and after it heats up the check engine goes away.

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong with it? I'm going to go to autozone when the check engine goes on, but everytime this happens the check engine light goes away before I go to Autozone.
Old 11-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Engine Chocking???

You have an OBDI car. They can't read the code (they only have an OBDII diagnostic tool) but, you can read it yourself: http://check-engine-light-codes.blog...retrieval.html