Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replacing gauge cluster 92 civic ex-v

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megas is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing gauge cluster 92 civic ex-v

So I bought a 92 civic ex-v and the speedometer is broken. the rpm and fuel gauge work fine but my friend told me that picking up a gauge cluster from a wrecker would be cheaper. Now what I want to know is if I can just install it myself: is it just plug' n' play? or do I have to program something or other...any insight is appreciated, ty
Old 01-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Replacing gauge cluster 92 civic ex-v

Yeah, a new one for yours is over $200 (and that's the cheap internet price). Check local craigslist, ebay, and nationwide salvage listings: http://www.car-part.com/

If you want a new one: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/home.jsp

No programming required. Just take out the 2 screws in the top of the molding around the gauge cluster and remove the molding, unscrew the cluster and remove it (you'll have to unplug it to get it out), take the cluster apart and replace the speedo. Should take about an hour- hour and a half. Good luck.

*Make sure to disconnect the battery before doing any electrical work*

Last edited by lazlong; 01-14-2011 at 04:33 PM.