Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

mini me swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2022
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dd0ubleu is an unknown quantity at this point
mini me swap

Hello, I am currently driving a 99 civic dx hatch with a 5 speed manual d16y7. I plan to do a mini me swap with a d16y8 head. I do not want to have to buy a refurbished one off ebay so I plan to pull it. I was just wondering if my wiring harness would work fine if I spliced in VTEC and if so how or if it would be better to pull a harness with it. So far I have a manual d16y8 ecu and just need to get the actual head and intake. What else do I need other than the new gasket and seals? Any other aftermarket mods I should do while installing it also? Also, would it also be better to get the head resurfaced? I have already saved some forum posts but I find them a little unclear and confusing to me. On another note, my fuel sending unit has not been reading accurately and when taking it out and testing it, it seems to work fine. It only does not work accurately when it is actually in the tank. How can I fix mine or get a new one? Thanks