Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Losing power?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueSi321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Losing power?

I have a jackson charger on my '00 Si and I think I'm losing power. I was wondering if it had anything to do with my muffler having a pretty good size hole in it, or something to do with my o2 sensor? Or if it would be the tuning on the charger itself. Because I noticed a significant change in the power in my car the other night when running high rpm's. I lost to a stock '02 si hatch with a k20 motor... and I honestly don't think I should have lost if my charger was running correctly..

What do you all think? I'm fairly new with this car and everything on it.. so any help is appreciated.

Clay
Old 10-12-2009
Registered!!

Re: Losing power?

Oh and could changing the type of oil be the problem? Because just before noticing this, I had my oil changed from regular to synthetic...
Old 10-12-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its possible the oil had something to do with it if it happened suddenly after changing it. usually small exhaust hole wouldnt do anything, as long as its after the o2 sensors. and double check your tune, make sure the fuel maps didnt change.
Old 10-12-2009
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

If everything is intact minus your hole, I'd look at the tune. Do you have a wideband? What fuel management system are you running? W/o knowing how much boost you are running or what you're tuned for its quite possible you could lose to a stock k20(a2), since you could potentially be putting down the same power to the ground.
Old 10-12-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
If everything is intact minus your hole, I'd look at the tune. Do you have a wideband? What fuel management system are you running? W/o knowing how much boost you are running or what you're tuned for its quite possible you could lose to a stock k20(a2), since you could potentially be putting down the same power to the ground.
I'm really not sure if it's wideband..

Usually when I get on it running high rpm's I push close 9-10 psi on the boost gauge.. also my air/fuel ratio gauge is not working correctly.. So maybe the charger is getting plenty of air, but not enough fuel? I'm going to contradict myself and go ahead and say its probably not my oil haha.

I'm going to put it on the dyno next week after I get my new muffler and hook it up to the computer and get them to figure out whats going on and tune it and fix my air/fuel ratio...
Old 10-21-2009
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough

tune it
Old 03-01-2010
Registered!!

boha is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh goodness lad. You may have lost power due to the racing competition you participated in. The civic is not a race machine and should not be abused. It is a gentle machine for light duties only, and racing is not its intended purpose. Do not ruin your civic, if you must race, then any other car at a dealership is more appropriate for performance such as competing in racing activity. Please give this fine automobile a life free from abuse, its a gentle sweet little machine that you should be nice to and it will be nice to you.
Old 07-04-2010
Registered!!

Devin Eaton is an unknown quantity at this point

and your a fagget for posting what you just posted
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

NORTHERN95CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point

it has to do with two things, 1. oxygen sensor 2. bad timing is there an engine light on? if it is its most likely is o2 sensor. have u had your timing belt changed before u lost power?
Old 08-28-2010
Registered!!

20_CiViC_02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boha
Oh goodness lad. You may have lost power due to the racing competition you participated in. The civic is not a race machine and should not be abused. It is a gentle machine for light duties only, and racing is not its intended purpose. Do not ruin your civic, if you must race, then any other car at a dealership is more appropriate for performance such as competing in racing activity. Please give this fine automobile a life free from abuse, its a gentle sweet little machine that you should be nice to and it will be nice to you.
Name:  Bisimoto700whpWagon.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  116.2 KB

700whp beast. Not a gentle machine.