Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Engine Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/222-engine-performance-modifications)
-   -   Losing power? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/222-engine-performance-modifications/322568-losing-power.html)

BlueSi321 10-12-2009 04:13 PM

Losing power?

I have a jackson charger on my '00 Si and I think I'm losing power. I was wondering if it had anything to do with my muffler having a pretty good size hole in it, or something to do with my o2 sensor? Or if it would be the tuning on the charger itself. Because I noticed a significant change in the power in my car the other night when running high rpm's. I lost to a stock '02 si hatch with a k20 motor... and I honestly don't think I should have lost if my charger was running correctly..

What do you all think? I'm fairly new with this car and everything on it.. so any help is appreciated.

Clay

BlueSi321 10-12-2009 04:19 PM

Re: Losing power?

Oh and could changing the type of oil be the problem? Because just before noticing this, I had my oil changed from regular to synthetic...

gearbox 10-12-2009 04:37 PM

its possible the oil had something to do with it if it happened suddenly after changing it. usually small exhaust hole wouldnt do anything, as long as its after the o2 sensors. and double check your tune, make sure the fuel maps didnt change.

ronaldo9 10-12-2009 07:04 PM

If everything is intact minus your hole, I'd look at the tune. Do you have a wideband? What fuel management system are you running? W/o knowing how much boost you are running or what you're tuned for its quite possible you could lose to a stock k20(a2), since you could potentially be putting down the same power to the ground.

BlueSi321 10-12-2009 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ronaldo9 (Post 4439936)
If everything is intact minus your hole, I'd look at the tune. Do you have a wideband? What fuel management system are you running? W/o knowing how much boost you are running or what you're tuned for its quite possible you could lose to a stock k20(a2), since you could potentially be putting down the same power to the ground.

I'm really not sure if it's wideband..

Usually when I get on it running high rpm's I push close 9-10 psi on the boost gauge.. also my air/fuel ratio gauge is not working correctly.. So maybe the charger is getting plenty of air, but not enough fuel? I'm going to contradict myself and go ahead and say its probably not my oil haha.

I'm going to put it on the dyno next week after I get my new muffler and hook it up to the computer and get them to figure out whats going on and tune it and fix my air/fuel ratio...

HondaLuver 10-21-2009 06:34 PM

tune it

boha 03-01-2010 03:18 PM

Oh goodness lad. You may have lost power due to the racing competition you participated in. The civic is not a race machine and should not be abused. It is a gentle machine for light duties only, and racing is not its intended purpose. Do not ruin your civic, if you must race, then any other car at a dealership is more appropriate for performance such as competing in racing activity. Please give this fine automobile a life free from abuse, its a gentle sweet little machine that you should be nice to and it will be nice to you.

Devin Eaton 07-04-2010 03:56 PM

:moon:and your a fagget for posting what you just posted

NORTHERN95CIVIC 08-27-2010 10:04 PM

it has to do with two things, 1. oxygen sensor 2. bad timing is there an engine light on? if it is its most likely is o2 sensor. have u had your timing belt changed before u lost power?

20_CiViC_02 08-28-2010 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by boha (Post 4459534)
Oh goodness lad. You may have lost power due to the racing competition you participated in. The civic is not a race machine and should not be abused. It is a gentle machine for light duties only, and racing is not its intended purpose. Do not ruin your civic, if you must race, then any other car at a dealership is more appropriate for performance such as competing in racing activity. Please give this fine automobile a life free from abuse, its a gentle sweet little machine that you should be nice to and it will be nice to you.

Attachment 104807

700whp beast. Not a gentle machine.