Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Has anyone used SENSEN shocks/struts?

Old 02-07-2016
-'98 Civic EX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jerryv13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone used SENSEN shocks/struts?

Hey guys, I'm new too the forum, just started working on my Civic and figured I'd join and get some knowledge and learn form your experience
First upgrade I want to tackle is suspension, I've been looking at some parts online, and of course the really expensive ones would be what I wish I could get, but, budget won't allow it, so I wonder if anyone has any experience with the Sensen shocks and struts??? They sell for around $90 shipped from Amazon, and at least look ok.
I'm shooting for semi-stock ride, maybe be able to handle turns a little better than the stock 18 year old\125k miles it currently has...
So, if anyone has any input, please let me know.
Thank you.
Old 02-07-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Has anyone used SENSEN shocks/struts?

A lot of people in the miata forums have used them, and it seem to be regarded as good stock replacement.

Note that depending on car model, same shock does not work the same.
Examples: eibach springs are great for civics, crap for miatas. So need consider checking for each car which works.

Note: they are stock equivalent on miatas, will not handle any springs stiffer than stock. Also, they are reported as 20-30k miles life for miatas (30k for stock shocks from Mazda).

Caveat: we don't have any data for civics, so don't know if they did a good job on the civic version.

In the miata forums, one member was looking for temporary shocks until he saved up for a much better suspension, so he decided to pull the trigger and try them.
We were not expecting too much from them, but surprisingly it was pretty much same as stock shocks. And he reported back his results, so we have good feedback on them

Here, for civics, sorry, no member that got them came back to report their results, so no idea how they hold for civics...

Last edited by sdaidoji; 02-07-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-07-2016
-'98 Civic EX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jerryv13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks sdaidoji,
If I end up going this route I'll be sure to report back

-Jerry
Old 02-07-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thanks! that would be a great help to the community

(not myself, I don't like stock shocks... they were out the first month after i got the car, used)
Old 02-07-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

That name rang a bell.....from a week ago, someone asked and I'd never really heard of them so I goggled the name and

TOO cheap.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...nda-civic.html
Old 02-07-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

Ah, yes, as mentioned, stock replacement, and note that stock for miatas are 30k miles at best. Unsure for civic, but I guess estimate 40k? Mine's still on the shelf, so should have some life left...
Old 02-09-2016
PITA Admin
Administrator

a word of warning - these might work for 6/5th generation cars, unsure for 7th gen and newer.

see thread linked.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4702364