Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

99 civic lowering help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Y0ungM0ney is an unknown quantity at this point
99 civic lowering help!

So i bought a set of coilovers and coil seats (no struts or shocks) to lower my 99 civic EX.

I successfully got the coilovers on the car with the aluminum coil seats. I noticed as i was doing this there were stickers on the coils separating the two front coils from the back pair of coils. The front coils were noticably shorter in height than the back coils.

I started with the two front coils and slammed it in front. The "O rings" on the coil seat are about half way up on the seat so its not totally slammed.

However, the back "O rings" on the coil seat are slammed all the way to the bottom and the back has not lowered very far at all and cant go any lower i assume since the O rings are all the way at the bottom of the coil seat.

So my problem is that the back coils didnt lower my car much at all but the front coils worked. I cant decide whether the company got the stickers separating the front coils from the back coils switched.

I figured the front coils would be taller to compensate for the weight of the engine. After all, its not a truck which has higher coils in the back to compensate for weight in the back or hauling things. I know i could cut a coil or two off the back coils but i really would like to avoid that.

Anyone know what my problem is? I need to get the back of my civic lowered! Please help
Old 05-16-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 99 civic lowering help!

Originally Posted by Y0ungM0ney
So i bought a set of coilovers and coil seats (no struts or shocks) to lower my 99 civic EX.

I successfully got the coilovers on the car with the aluminum coil seats. I noticed as i was doing this there were stickers on the coils separating the two front coils from the back pair of coils. The front coils were noticably shorter in height than the back coils.

I started with the two front coils and slammed it in front. The "O rings" on the coil seat are about half way up on the seat so its not totally slammed.

However, the back "O rings" on the coil seat are slammed all the way to the bottom and the back has not lowered very far at all and cant go any lower i assume since the O rings are all the way at the bottom of the coil seat.

So my problem is that the back coils didnt lower my car much at all but the front coils worked. I cant decide whether the company got the stickers separating the front coils from the back coils switched.

I figured the front coils would be taller to compensate for the weight of the engine. After all, its not a truck which has higher coils in the back to compensate for weight in the back or hauling things. I know i could cut a coil or two off the back coils but i really would like to avoid that.

Anyone know what my problem is? I need to get the back of my civic lowered! Please help
Usually rear springs are shorter. Are you sure you didn't mix them up? Who makes them?
Old 05-16-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

im guessin egay
Old 05-17-2008
Registered!!

Y0ungM0ney is an unknown quantity at this point

yea got em off ebay. they were cheap but worked well. rear springs are usually shorter? thats what i figured and im hoping the front will still drop with those big springs on front