I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Newbie needs help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GYTR_YAMAHA is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbie needs help

I am having a problem with my 1997 sedan with a b18c1. I will be driving down the street and then the speedo and rpm gauge will go out shortly after low light bulbs and no radio or dash lights... then it dies. i keep blowing my alternator sp sensor, i can replace it then push start it and it will run fine. I noticed when i have the radio off i dont seem to have the problem but when the radio os on it will die on me. i havet ran it too long with the radio off because im sick of push starting it. I think i might have a bad power cord to my radio that is causing the short. I am also throwing 5 codes

-P0108
<!--inlinead.php--><!--div style="float:right;width:300;height:255"><script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US"></script><script type="text/javascript">FB.init("dd7d9e9681341cde77587bc6a2029 f6f");</script><fb:fan profile_id="191342251477" stream="" connections="10" width="300"></fb:fan>OBD-Codes.com on Facebook
</div-->

-P1298<TABLE id=post181661 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px solid" class=alt2 width=175>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px solid" id=td_post_181661 class=alt1><!-- icon and title --> Re: 2001 honda civic code p1298??
<HR SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->High Voltage In ELD Circuit
Lean Operation At wide Open Throttle
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

-P1254

-P0135

-P0141

Some one help ASAP!
Old 11-17-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Newbie needs help

my alternator sp sensor,
What's that?
You mean a fuse?
Fuse #15?
Most of the codes are related to the blown fuse.
Lean Operation At wide Open Throttle
There is no code with a definition like that.

P1298 ELD
P0135 and P0141 are O2 heater circuit codes
Read this bulletin, see if you have this wiring problem first: http://chowcman.com/krispycreme2010/...r%20Wiring.pdf

For the P0108 code, see if this bulletin applies: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/hy...CORD_P0108.pdf

There is no P1254 code. Typo?

The car dies while driving along because you keep running the battery dead, the alternator stops working when the fuse blows.
Old 11-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GYTR_YAMAHA is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct fuse #15

I checked my wires by the intake manifold bracket and the person who did the swap wrapped all the wires in the harness up really good and there isnt any exposed wires, that i can see.

P0108- i dont have a rough idle at all when it starts, but i did have a leaky radiator. Could moisture (anti freeze) be freezing on the map sensor?

Yes it was a typo correct code is P1259, i belive it is VTEC sysetem failure, and yes i have enough oil.
Old 11-18-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and the person who did the swap wrapped all the wires in the harness up really good and there isnt any exposed wires, that i can see.
Well, if it is blowing the #15 fuse you must figure out why. I can't figure it out for you. The bulletin tells of the most common place to find wiring problems but since someone has had their fingers into it there is no telling where the problem might be.

Replace the fuse, power up that circuit, carefully wiggle wire harnesses. When the fuse blows you should know you are getting warm. I actually might use a test light for this sort of tracing work (among many other tools in my arsenal).
Could be in any of the wiring or any of the actual components that use that circuit: VSS, O2 sensors, alt wiring, EVERYthing on that fuse.

P0108- i dont have a rough idle at all when it starts, but i did have a leaky radiator. Could moisture (anti freeze) be freezing on the map sensor?
No, antifreeze wouldn't freeze. And it wouldn't be in the intake area. The bulletin refers to condensation freezing.
Have you erased the codes and see if they come back? Start there.
If you have a scanner that gives live engine data then you can watch the MAP reading.

P1259, i belive it is VTEC sysetem failure, and yes i have enough oil.
Wires hooked up right? Does the VTEC valve actually work (solenoid, hydraulic valve, pressure switch)? Clean screen?

You have several issues that just need straightened out one at a time.