I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

96 EX Keyless Entry Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF Its Kaitlyn is an unknown quantity at this point
96 EX Keyless Entry Issues

Ive read all over the web on forums debating this issue and I never find an answer because people end up arguing instead, so I'll lay all the facts out first and cross my fingers in hope that someone can rationally explain things to me

My car was broken into last year around this time, and the ripped out the stereo and stole the amp and subs from the trunk.

ouch.

So then we spend money getting all the cosmetics of it fixed (the vents and whatnot) and eventually get a new stereo to put in.

*THE FACTORY RADIO is LOWERED INSIDE THE DASH*
I installed it myself, and am just curious as to how to get the keyless entry to once again work.

-yes it worked when I had the other aftermarket stereo
-YES im SURE the factory radio is in
-NO I did not install the first stereo, I bought it off someone who already had it in.

so....the big debate that i've seen is that some say you have to pull of panels to get to the factory stereo and press a "valet" button....
Others are saying all you do is put the key in the ignition and press the lock button until it works....

Ive tried that second option with no success but really do NOT want to rip apart my car....I know it all comes back together, but ive seen my boyfriend gut his crx and he can never seem to NOT break atleast one thing...so yeah.

Any ideas on why it might not be working??? Does the wiring have to do with it? There WAS a leftover wire from each side (the wires that come from the car, and a wire from the stereo) but the wire from the stereo was for 'other accesories and power anntena) so i wasn't sure so we just taped it off...
Does the new stereo have to be CONNECTED to the factory?

If someone could explain the process to me please...without starting a big debate, it would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough
Re: 96 EX Keyless Entry Issues

Ok so since no one answered this yet, I take it you haven't gotten this yet. If it previously worked at the current set-up, is there a harness that used to run to the after market radio? You said there were extra wires hanging as well. It's hard to understand what the exact situation is, but to make this easy and save MANY MANY more headaches, I would suggest you just get an aftermarket alarm as OEM alarms are not very deterring. Good luck and I am willing to answer any questions you may have about the radio or possibly an aftermarket alarm.
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 96 EX Keyless Entry Issues

yeah they prolly ripped out the extra harness that goes from old to new deck.