Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2000 Honda Civic ex 4door wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steverkg is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 Honda Civic ex 4door wont start

I took my honda on a trip to Colorado from Maryland and back, on the way back the car started to slightly start to overheat a little and i would let it cool down then go on again for about 8 hours then resting the engine would chug and would struggle going up hill. The rpms would go up and the speed would not change and it struggled alot to accelerate there was also almost a hissing noise almost like the engine wasnt getting fuel but i am suspious about this because the engine doesnt start with starting fluid. The spark is there and we replaced the disbutor, fuel filter, fuel pump, oil and oil filter, sparkplugs. We have tested everything except compression, cps, codes and fuses.If anyone has any info about this please help me out thanks ma dude.
Old 02-12-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2000 Honda Civic ex 4door wont start

the car started to slightly start to overheat a little and i would let it cool down then go on again for about 8 hours then resting
You never refilled the radiator?

We have tested everything except compression,
Start there.

If seriously low, or no compression...Is that because you ran it hot, so hot it shut down on its own?

Also check if it has a code stored for ECT P0116, P0117, P0118 as a result of the overheat...that might give an extra clue as to just how hot it got, especially if you can read the freeze frame data and the ECT value is off the charts.
Old 02-13-2018
Registered!!

I refilled the fluid and brought it with me on the trip and never went above or below the recommended i will let you know the results of the compression and the injectors.
Old 02-13-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

and never went above or below the recommended
You mean in the small plastic reservoir?

I meant checking the level inside the radiator itself.
The system (with the reservoir) is designed to keep the radiator completely full under all conditions, but when something goes wrong and the radiator level isn't drops, that's when big problems happen
Old 02-13-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
You mean in the small plastic reservoir?

I meant checking the level inside the radiator itself.
The system (with the reservoir) is designed to keep the radiator completely full under all conditions, but when something goes wrong and the radiator level isn't drops, that's when big problems happen
the radiator levels are normal.
Old 02-20-2018
FrankenCivic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dcstomp83 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm curious about these compression readings now....