Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2003 Civic Lx Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRUDSRUS is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Civic Lx Power Window Problem

My "03 Civic LX rear drivers side power window will go down but will not go up using rear door switch. Using the rear door switch window works in down position only. Using drivers master switch nothing happens with rear left window but other windows and switches work fine with master switch. The window regulator works fine with power applied using a spare 12v battery. I have a new master switch which did not solve the issue. Checked all fuses-good. Any ideas what could be the problem?
Old 01-23-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2003 Civic Lx Power Window Problem

Wild guess: Is this door used a lot?

Testing, following a wiring diagram is the way to find out what the problem is.

I would probably look for a broken wire where the harness goes between the door and the body, if testing told me there is a wire problem.
Old 01-24-2012
Registered!!

CRUDSRUS is an unknown quantity at this point

This should have been posted in the 7th generation area but thanks for the reply. Where can I find the wiring diagram for the Power windows? I have someone who can help me with troubleshooting but a diagram is needed
Old 01-24-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Service manual
Google image search
AlldataDIY
Mitchellone
Maybe Autozone for books
Local library, they might have a subscription to Alldata or Mitchell

I cannot hotlink my info, it's subscription only.
Old 01-25-2012
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

PM with an e-mail and I can get it to you.
Old 09-06-2012
Registered!!

wspeid is an unknown quantity at this point

Were you able to fix your problem? I have the identical issue! I was wondering if it was related to my battery dying because I've heard of computer problems after battery disconnects.

Bill
Old 09-06-2012

Originally Posted by wspeid
Were you able to fix your problem? I have the identical issue! I was wondering if it was related to my battery dying because I've heard of computer problems after battery disconnects.

Bill

Can't be related to a dead battery UNLESS your battery is still dead, and all the windows don't work.