Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Where to buy Driver and Seal Driver Attachment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough
Where to buy Driver and Seal Driver Attachment?

My local Honda dealerships (plural) don't carry these tools which are recommended to install the cam oil seal/oil seals. I'm trying to fix this problem

P/N:
Driver = 07749-0010000 $34.77
Seal Driver = 07947 - SB00200 $34.03

So, here's my question: Are these tools a must for me to replace the cam oil seals/oil seal on the oil pump?

If so, will aftermarket tools work from say...autozone, Pep Boys, etc. provided they carry them?

If they don't carry them where can I find them ASAP? Gotta get this car fixed by this weekend.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Honda Civic Driver Tools.pdf (52.5 KB, 71 views)
Old 10-21-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy Driver and Seal Driver Attachment?

if you buy a new oil pump, the seal will already be installed. thats the easiest way...
Old 10-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gearbox
if you buy a new oil pump, the seal will already be installed. thats the easiest way...
Really?

Man, I'm not sure if I want to do that as I'm trying to save as much money possible.
Old 10-22-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ah okay, i remember hearing it was a huge pain to install just the seal, and its easy to mess up and ruin it, which will cause you to have to take it all apart again if it still leaks. most ppl just replace the whole pump esp after all the work of taking it apart. kinda like how you do the water pump when you change the timing belt, just in case. altho oil pump failure on hondas is rare...ouch i did not realize the new pump was $250 shipped. what about taking the old pump and new seal to a mechanic and have them install it? prolly will charge you $10 and chances are they would know how to do it.