I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Headlight Buzzer

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kalderman is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight Buzzer

Does anyone know if 2002 Civic LX comes stock with a headlight buzzer? My 2005 EX does. So I do not if it is broke, missing, or non-existant on the 2002? Where does the buzzer plug in?
Old 06-20-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Headlight Buzzer

My 05 LX has it...02 not sure, certainly would think so.

Dome light working correctly when drivers door is open ??
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Dome light works but not when door is open. It is a sedan and the two buttons on the front doors are broken. The buttons have broke off and are dangling inside the car frame. Since they are spring loaded, the car should 'think' the door is open all the time because the button is always in the open position.

The buttons on the rear door work properly.
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty sure all cars come with headlight buzzers on them. My old 96 cav had them.
Old 06-20-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

my 2002 has a key and headlight buzz. im pretty sure almost every honda has it in the past 20 yrs. if yours is broken, replace the side door triggers otherwise the car will think the doors are always closed. it works opposite of how you think.
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Not all Hondas come with the headlight chime. I had to add one to my 94. They were a dealer option for several years. There are several threads on a DIY headlight chime install.
Old 06-21-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kalderman
Dome light works but not when door is open. It is a sedan and the two buttons on the front doors are broken. The buttons have broke off and are dangling inside the car frame.
That is your problem, replace the drivers door switch and it should work properly.
Old 06-22-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

my 02 lx had the chime.
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

Smile Re: Headlight Buzzer

***SOLVED***

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. Without reading your posts, I had a brainstorm. It is a sedan so I took the door light switches off the back doors and put them on the front. Presto, just like you said, that was my problem. I then superglued the front door light switches (making sure switch could still move) and put them on the back doors. All it fine now.

Thanks again for your replies. Making the world a better place... one Civic at a time.
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

Next question safety belts. Please see new thread.
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

mysunsuion is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, noted...