I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Are MTX Mono amps...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003
The LA Clipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Are MTX Mono amps...

...stable to 1 ohm? I read the manual and it does not say? Does anyone know if the 8100D is 1 ohm stable? I maybe want to get one of these in the future, but I dunno if they are one ohm stable.

MTX Manual
Old 06-10-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
its a 50-50 shot man. they are designed to run at 2 ohm.....when i worked for mtx we had people run them all day with no problem and some would only play for 10 mins. with the civics sweet electrical system i wouldnt try it. get a jbl 1200.1 for a 1 ohm load.
Old 06-10-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
he already has one.. hehhe
Old 06-10-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Originally posted by Alex053
its a 50-50 shot man. they are designed to run at 2 ohm.....when i worked for mtx we had people run them all day with no problem and some would only play for 10 mins. with the civics sweet electrical system i wouldnt try it. get a jbl 1200.1 for a 1 ohm load.
haha, yeah I already have one...and I love the flexibilty of it (being able to run between 1 and 2 ohms with the same power), but if I am going to spend a whole lot of time building an amp rack I wanted to get matching amps. My friend can get me MTX for cheap, but they don't run at 1 ohm. He also can get PG too, but it is the same thing...the lower end PG amps only run down to 2 ohms too

My other option is to buy one of the new JBLs for my highs...those things look hot
I am loving the JBL on my current set up because it matches Very well with my current set-up, so this could be an option, but those JBL/Crowns are expensive.

or buy a new set of Orion or DEI amps completely. Ughhhhhhh!! *vent*
Old 06-11-2003
banned from avatar useage

luvvegas777 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you're gonna use a 81000d you need a new upgraded alternator
Old 06-11-2003
The LA Clipper

Originally posted by luvvegas777
if you're gonna use a 81000d you need a new upgraded alternator

I already have a JBL 1200.1!!

...Don't make me start quoting Richard Clark
Old 06-11-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
damn fonto, what have we turned you into. quoting RC and stuff... next thing you know youll be posting stuff that david navone wrote..
Old 06-11-2003
The LA Clipper

LOL, I don't think I have actually quoted Richard Clark before...but I think I have quoted Mr. Navone
Old 06-11-2003

...and I love the flexibilty of it (being able to run between 1 and 2 ohms with the same power),

wow that's great, it's like saying i can set my boost at 5psi or 15psi and still get the same amount of hp.

no need for the attitude just trying to help you out.

p.s. love those stock rims and no trunk space in your set up

maybe you should have consulted with richard clark before you made that funny looking box
Old 06-11-2003
The LA Clipper

LOL, yeah I like the flexibility because I have been able to run a few configurations and still get the same power. It was nice of a pro like you to check-out and and critique my system though

...I'm to tired to respond to your weak a$$, and you don't even know half the stuff you talk about...goodnight.

Last edited by fonto; 06-11-2003 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-11-2003

i've got more knowledge on the tip of my pinky, than you'll ever have in a lifetime
Old 06-11-2003

"LOL, yeah I like the flexibility because I have been able to run a few configurations and still get the same power. It was nice of a pro like you to check-out and and critique my system though"

do you know what you are saying?
yeah i've been able to put a cat back system, headers, cai, a few different configurations and still get the same power. i'm smart!!!

why bother with diff. configurations if you're gonna end up with the same result?
Old 06-11-2003
The LA Clipper

ok, I don't even know what you have knowledge of, but whatever it is maybe you should keep it to yourself and post on someone elses thread.

You are the epitome of a troll man.

Damn, maybe while you want to compare knowledge we can whip out our di(ks and see who has the biggest...since you like to exploit your superiority over morons like myself
Old 06-11-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Upgrading to that amp wouldent require him needing a new alternator....WR runs almost 3 kilowatts with the stock alternator....I run almost 2 kilowatts....same with Ludlam (he might be over 2k). No problems. And lets try to keep the insulting to a minimum people.

Luvvegs777: Your comments were uncalled for, he asked a question about ohm loads for a specific amp and you started in on him about his install and rims...seriously, grow up.

P.S. Fonto, how do you always get into these arguments with people?

Last edited by Mystic3030; 06-11-2003 at 12:56 AM.