I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

wiring for a light like Knight Rider!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smokeman909 is an unknown quantity at this point
wiring for a light like Knight Rider!

Hi , I have a red led like the one in Knight Rider and I need to put it in my car. it works fine and my question is not really about how to put the wires and where but my question is more oriented in the way that I want to connect the on/off wire to a switch .
the leds have 3 wores, 1 I connect with the (+) of the battery , 1 I connect with the (-) and the third one is connected the the ground or disconnected. when not connected to the ground the lights are off and when it is connected to the ground or the (-) of the battery the light are on. So I would like to know if I could use the (PANIC) button on my Honda keyless remote to switch the led on and off throug the switch that the panic button activate and also deactivated the contact so the horn does not go when I switch the LED on and off.
Or is there any after market transmitter that I could use to do the same thing?

thanks.
Old 04-07-2003
Registered!!

AznHalfy is an unknown quantity at this point
Just dont have the red light flashing in the front of your car ... a guy in ottawa had that little knight rider thing on the front of his car ... and the cops fined him and made him take it off. Because only emergency vehicles can have red lights in the front of their cars ... Kinda homo and the cops have a tendency to pick on us guys that mod our cars here. The light was so tiny but ... thats the law I guess.

L8tr
Old 04-08-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Gizmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I dont see a problem with it, as long as you arent really driving with the light going. Still I would like to see a picture of that once it is done.
Old 04-09-2003
Registered!!

Niloc is an unknown quantity at this point
Theres a remote that I used to have designed for fog lights (so you dont have to wire aftermarket fog lights thriugh the firewall) but I used for neons. It had good range and I dont think it was that pricy. It babasicaly was a relay you operated via remote control. I got it at pep boys. That might work if you dont mind 2 remotes.

Here is a similar kit to mine...
remote fog light control