I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

***Need Help with Gauge Lights!!***

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackIce is an unknown quantity at this point
***Need Help with Gauge Lights!!***

I am such a dumb a$$. I have (had) indiglo gauges and tried to hook my indiglo pedals to the same power lead. When I turned on the power I heard a pop sound and then smelt an electrical fire. Oh, $hit is right. I thought I blew out all my electical units. Well, I took out the gauges and pedals but now my damn original gauges do not light up, nor the needles. I also noticed that the sun roof buttons do not light up, but the Cruise Control does, weird. I tried to look up the fuses to see if I blew one but am unable to figure out which damn one it is. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Other than take an electronics course......

Constructive Criticism is appreciated......
Old 01-30-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
When I have had to replace fuses in my old 'vic I just looked in the manual to see what is what. Check the owners guide maybe to see where those fuses maybe...some are usally under the steering column, and some are under the hood.
Old 01-30-2003
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
Sorry to say but you fried your gauge cluster and it's NOT repairable... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]

I did almost the exact same thing... but i wasn't hooking up pedals to it. You have to go to your Honda dealer and order a new gauge cluster, but it will set you back a couple-hundred bucks... If you really want to..... take off your gauges and look on the back, you will see that white cover... pop that off to expose the green circuit board, then look for the fried leads... not very hard to spot. should be brown
Old 01-30-2003
Registered!!

I just got some Reverse Gauges and think that will be fine. I will see how it goes and let everyone know as well. Man do I feel Bet your a$$ I wont hook $hit to the gauges again. I noticed that the lights, meaning the 3 ***** for the air control, fan, & direction of flow, do not light up as well. No biggie on that either. What has been effected by this is the Gauges, Needles, the 3 *****, and the sunroof control buttons. Word of the wise, dont try to be smart like me and DIY if you are not sure, come to the forum, yes, go to the forum and ask questions.... that is why it is here! Right Derek!!!!!!
Man I feel like a dumb [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

I need a new quote below, I show the true meaning.......
Old 01-31-2003
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
yeah all the lights for the dash run through the gauge cluster, so when that went out everything went out... but your needles are gone too, so how are you going to see how fast you are going?

When you get a new cluster all of those lights you mentioned will light back up
Old 02-04-2003
Registered!!

Good news, it was #15 under the hood the whole time. Guess I should have checked ALL the fuses before assuming the worse. Thanks anywayz!!!