I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Attn: Mohawkboom please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vtexcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Attn: Mohawkboom please help!!

sup mohawkboom i want to ask you something since you're good with i.c.e. well the thing is my cousin installed my alpine cda 7894 deck like last tuesday the same following week on saturday everything shut down.. the cd player doesn't even turn on no more, oem keyless alarm messed up, my dome doesn't turn on when the doors are open only if the key is in the ignition, the lights that lids up with ac button etc blinks with the hazards are on.. do you know what the cause of the problem is? and yesterday my cousin checked the system all the fuses are doing fine.. even the cd player fuses are good.. we also disconnected the cd player from the harness and it still does the same thing.. so you know what causing this to happen please let me know.. because it sucks driving a sooped up car without muzik.. thanks..
Old 08-08-2002
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
i would put in the stock cd player and take it to honda. that sounds like a major problem
Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
He probably spliced the wires poorly and and taped them up poorly and somthing shorted..but in the OEM HU..
Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

vtexcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
well he sauter (sp) the wires. together that's all i kno
Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
he probab;y frgot to tape them off and 2 of the soldered wires came into contact.. take it to a car audio shop..the delaer might decide to void your electrical warranty.. a car audio shop can fix it..everyshops blown a few in dash circuit boards
Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

GoCivicRacerGo is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you check the fuses under the hood? I installed my friends Alpine 7894 in my car to see how it sounded and when I pulled it out and put my kenwood deck in, the deck would not play and the power doors and keyless entry would not work. I checked under the hood at those fuses and sure enough one was blown, a 15 amp fuse i think, replaced it and everything works fine. I don't remember which one it was so just pull the ones out one by one to find a blown one. Hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2002

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
i wired my stereo nicely with wire caps and tape, there's no way this thing is shorting out. but i got a kit for a 98 civic because the guy told me it would work. when i hooked up the orange 'dimmer' wire with the orange power wires, my stereo and parking lights were on all the time when the car was on. it was nice because i could turn on the lights and have the radio without the keys.

if you want this feature, just go to the pasadena best buy and ask for the wire harness for a 2001 civic and you'll get the wrong one for sure.
Old 08-09-2002
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
That's funny man. Does it work when the car is on but the lights are off?
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
Umm, I don't know what the whole headlight/radio thing is, but I left that orange dimmer wire alone. The only wires that need to be hooked up from the car are the power, acc. , ground wires and if your not using an amp the speaker wires. I left out the little orange wire on both my car and my cousin's car and everything is fine...

BTW, the 98+ Hondas all have the same harness I think. I've had 98+ Civic and 98+ Accord harnesses that both worked on 2002 Civics.
Old 08-16-2002
Registered!!

JohnDoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Check all the fuses. I guaruntee it's a blown fuse and either the wires aren't taped at all or not well because something definetly shorted. The factory Keyless is messed up because Honda made factory Keyless go through the head unit from 96 or 97 on. You actually have to leave the stock HU under the dash and still connected for it to work and run new wires for an aftermarket one. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]