I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Battery relocation wire route?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glamabilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Battery relocation wire route?

Hey, just a quick question about wire routing for a battery relocation. I’ve got an optima battery and I’m putting it in my trunk, I’ve got a mount, a main battery circuit breaker, and all the proper wiring installed. I’m just about to drill a hole through the firewall into the engine compartment, but I’m unsure about the best route to get the wire through. As it sits right now, I’ve got the wire into the passenger foot area. I’m just wondering where other people have drilled the hole? There is not much room to do anything, and I’m not to keen on taking out the dash to do it. I’ve searched this topic and have found no photos showing the routing, just that the wire is run.
Old 01-27-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Battery relocation wire route?

Year/model?

I had mine routed through the grommet that the engine harness goes through, on the passenger side. (01-05, coupe)

I just poked another hole through it.
Old 01-27-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glamabilly is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did exactly that- I poked a small hole, I’m hoping the gasket stretches enough to still seal around the cable.
Old 01-27-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Run it along the outside of the car AKA Back to Future DeLoran style..