I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2005 civic lx would not start

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jback2211 is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 civic lx would not start

2005 civic LX with a 6 month old interstate battery. power was completely gone after sitting for 2 days and needed to jump start. I have had a rear window stop operating and the door lock will open with the key button but not lock with the same. It will lock with the drivers side door lock button. Any wiring diagrams available would be appreciated. I have not found any fuses blown.
Old 12-29-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2005 civic lx would not start

Originally Posted by jback2211
2005 civic LX with a 6 month old interstate battery. power was completely gone after sitting for 2 days and needed to jump start. I have had a rear window stop operating and the door lock will open with the key button but not lock with the same. It will lock with the drivers side door lock button. Any wiring diagrams available would be appreciated. I have not found any fuses blown.
Something that might be draining the battery won't be found in the rear door. (Rear door gets used often? Rear door may need a wire harness for broken in the door jamb where it flexes. Cheap.)

Flip the back seat down, make sure the trunk light isn't stuck on.
Make sure the AC clutch isn't staying on (stuck relay has been common for more than a decade).

If it isn't one of those obvious fixes, I would use an ammeter to see how much drain there is on the battery after the car is shut off and closed up and you wait about 10 minutes for everything to go to sleep.
Less than 50 milliamps is a general spec, I like to see less than 30mA on most of the cars. I'd expect right around 20mA or less on that car. If it is higher than about 50mA, something is definitely wrong.

HTH
Old 01-05-2013
Registered!!

Thanks for the start on this Ezone, after researching some of your other posts and other sources; I have cked the battery ok, can't seem to get any drain out of the AC relay, but fuse #9 a 10Amp in the engine compartment seems to be pulling a 50mA when all is shut down. It says back light,but seems to be the door lock system. Is this a standard drain or what's your best way to ck for a short. I still have not found a good source for wiring diagrams. Thanks
Old 01-05-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It's labeled BACK UP, not back light. That is one of the fuses we had to install when the cars were new. They were shipped without it so the battery doesn't go dead while in storage.

Fuse #9, 10 amp

Wire color: wht/red

My diagram shows these items all attached to this circuit:

Multiplex
Immobilizer
CarLink (if equipped)
Datalink connector
Audio unit
Gauge assembly
Keyless receiver unit.

Double check that your meter isn't inaccurate.
50mA isn't very far off. 50mA is the cutoff point for good/bad.

Please thoroughly read this article: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/hy...sitic_draw.pdf
Has good info even if it doesn't 100% apply to your particular car.
Old 01-07-2013
Registered!!

That is good info though I don't have as yet a clamp type tester. The drain has returned to 45mA. What is the best source (free or purchase) for wire diagrams. I believe the problem is in the keyless receiver, which will open but not lock. Also why am I unable to locate the OBD plug in.(I'm told under the glove compartment) Does the cover panel need to come off?
Old 01-07-2013

The drain has returned to 45mA.
Not horrible.
What is the best source (free or purchase) for wire diagrams.
Public Library.
Many have a subscription to Alldata or Mitchell.
I believe the problem is in the keyless receiver, which will open but not lock.
If it thinks a door is open it will never allow the doors to lock.
Also why am I unable to locate the OBD plug in.
Look for a label on the bottom of the steering column cover telling where the connector is. It SHOULD be in the corner above your right knee as you sit in the drivers seat. (North America)

HTH