I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Battery problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough
Battery problems.

I had an aftermarket stereo system put in about a week ago (see profile for specs). When will I know if I'm gona' have battery problems?
Old 08-06-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Battery problems.

when the battery dies? alternator isnt the greatest so if you use up alot of watts continuously, eventually battery will drain to where you cant start car.
Old 08-06-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

So you're saying no matter what, my battery will die out?
Old 08-07-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Why take chance and mess up your alternator ? Replace ur OEM battery with a Dry cell battery ... OPTIMA in particular. Get the red one coz they dont make the Yellow ones for our cars anymore. and yes, it WILL FIT IN.
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

Most car batteries will last typically last around 4 to 5 years with normal driving. All car batteries will eventually die sooner or later.
Old 08-07-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i dont think u shoudl worry about it too much if u just bought a stereo. u can always upgrade just for the hell of it. i went ahead and got a deal on one of these titanium w.e theyre called and its fine.. i doubt upgrading ur deck is going to ruin ur battery faster. its not that serious.
Old 08-07-2007
Jza
Registered!!

I didn't just get a deck put in. New speakers, subs, an amp and an alarm. I'm gona' get a voltmeter so I can monitor my battery.

Also, my car is still under warranty, do you think Honda will be pissed about the system, alarm or voltmeter?
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

anything you pay someone else to do Honda will be pissed about, lol, money outta their pockets, but don't waste your money on a volt meter, its not like one day you wake up and your car won't start, it will progressively get worse to the point where you'll know to change it, its not like one day it works then next day it tells you to get bent...thats women not batteries
Old 08-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jza
I didn't just get a deck put in. New speakers, subs, an amp and an alarm. I'm gona' get a voltmeter so I can monitor my battery.

Also, my car is still under warranty, do you think Honda will be pissed about the system, alarm or voltmeter?
oooh ok...well yea i would upgrade for sure. if ur gona get a voltmeter buy a multimeter instead..just in case u know, theyre good to have for whatever reason.. its got more uses anyway. i wouldnt waste time monitoring ur battery until it dies.. it doesnt slowly get worse n worse...usually it just isnt good enough. i bet ur lights are dimming..i would just upgrade it to be safe.
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

xd2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

well, i've got all that you said and so far (it's been 2.5 months) Everything is running fine. I've got a moderate setup though on 05 EX stock electrical.

Alpine SWS-1042 (300W RMS)
4X SPS-17C2 (50W RMS each)
IVA-W205 (really just powering the screen cause everything else goes to pre-outs)
Viper 5900 Alarm w/ remote start

@DsevenEm2

Can anyone recommend a good decently priced multimeter? My cheap voltmeter just went crazy.
Old 08-07-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Originally Posted by PitchBlack
anything you pay someone else to do Honda will be pissed about, lol, money outta their pockets, but don't waste your money on a volt meter, its not like one day you wake up and your car won't start, it will progressively get worse to the point where you'll know to change it, its not like one day it works then next day it tells you to get bent...thats women not batteries
but they won't void my warranty or something gay will they
Old 08-18-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

hey ive been tryin to look into new batteries and i read something about a d34 battery fitting in our cars for the optima yellow top. Can anybody verify this???