I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

My new toy !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
My new toy !!

Old 03-13-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
nice man
Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough
nice
Old 03-13-2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CecDogsVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet
Old 03-13-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
so whyexactly r theseso awesome??? I ask this cuz im looking to get rid of my heavy *** subs....and wt replace them with some bomb *** speakers that produce good bass. trying to get lighten up my car.
Old 03-13-2007

because they just are.. lol.

These are not subs. They are 6.5 inch 3 way speaker. They are awesome, because these will replace my $30 dollar (cdn dollar) speakers that I have now in the front. I need these because my sub is overpowering my high end sound. These will solve the problem. They are also awesome because they run @ 2 ohms. Most traditional speakers run @ 4 ohms. Amps usually output more power out of 2 ohms, rather than 4.

Now I just need an amp to match with these subs. I want to go with either the JL e2150 or the a2150. Anybody know the difference between the models, they look the same, and they seem to have the same specs. I know the a2150 is the newer model, and the e2150 is the older one.
Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Those are nice!! Good pick up man..
Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
sleepy check out the new JL audio subs that they have coming out they are super thin, light weight, and have massive out put.
Old 03-13-2007
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough
i had 2 pairs of those 3 way kappas in my 98 volvo turbo...they sounded sick....and i have a JL 12w3 sub...best system i had ever had
Old 03-19-2007
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
yes those are nice!!!

make sure u have an equalizer in ur car to turn down the highs.
Old 03-19-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
sick.
Old 03-19-2007

Just spent $100 dollars on car domain.com on wiring. I bought the following:

40 ft of speaker wire (12 gauge, twisted)
6 ft of power wire (4 gauge, blue)
17ft rca's wire
4 gauge distribution block
4 pack of AGU 20 amp fuses
4 pack of AGU 30 amp fuses
One 60 amp ANL fuse

Damn it gets pricey. I'm not even done yet. I'm waiting for my ebay auction for the amp I want. 10 hours left, and I the highest bidder, wish me luck. Plus I still need to buy 4 gauge ground wire, and a remote wire for the new amp.

I still have not installed these babies. I can't wait till I get everything, so I can start working on it. I'll update this thread once I get everything installed. I so excited about it. I just got to figure out where I want to place this second amp. My current amp is bolted to my back seat, and the wires run through my seats, so you hardly see any wires. I want to keep it the same way with the next amp. I have an idea where I want to place the amp, but I need to have the amp in my hand to size it up.

Anyways, thanks for the comments so far. Maybe in 3 weeks I'll know how these babies sounds. I live in Canada, so that's why 3 weeks. It takes forever for items to ship from the US to Canada.

Originally Posted by Civic_Racer9
yes those are nice!!!

make sure u have an equalizer in ur car to turn down the highs.
I have a deck with a 16 band eq, and I actually like the highs. I need more of it.

Originally Posted by TRIZ
sick.
Thanks.
Old 03-21-2007

Re: My new toy !!

Here's the amp I'll be powering these speakers with. Now I just have to wait for cardomain.com to deliver my wiring.

Old 04-01-2007
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough

subscribed for pics.
Old 04-01-2007

Originally Posted by thefever
subscribed for pics.
Yeah you're going to have to wait around another 2 or 3 weeks. My shipment from car domain got delayed, because the distribution block was on back order. My items just got shipped about 3 days ago, boo to that.

However, I am going to post my new setup.
Old 04-21-2007

Here are my pics of my install, finally.

Box full of wiring, new ANL fuse, and my new distribution block.

My old JVC's which were powered from my deck.

I had to modify the spacers I bought, because my speakers wouldn't fit because it has 2 speaker terminals, when normally on most speakers there's one +- terminal. I guess you could say its like a DVC sub, where it has 2 + post, and 2 - post.

My new kappa's in the door.

My old setup, I sort of forgot to take pics of it for comparison. However, I did take a last minute pic. Its hard to see, but the amp is bolted to my seat, and there was a capacitor to left of the amp. All wiring was run inside the seat to give it a clean look.

Rear deck, rear seats, and the whole back end taken a part.

Look at the purrrrrrddeeeee wires.

My new grounding point.

Final product and outcome. Its not the greatest install, but I'm satisfied with it. If I could fit my second amp on the rear seats, I would have done it like that, but unfortunately there's not enough room on the back seats to fit my 2 amps, a capacitor, and my distribution block.

Close up of the wiring.

The aftermath of my rear seats. You can still see the imprint of where my amp use to be.

What do you all think?? Negative or Positive comments welcome.
Old 04-21-2007
Registered!!

NSRCivicRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

wut kind of sub u got? i bet mine hits harder lol jk. altho i have blown my trunk open once or twice lol. btw love the settup looks cleeen mine is too messy to post pix of its kinda embarasing but imma do a full rewire soon and then ill put some pix up!
Old 04-21-2007

I have a 12" infinity reference sub. Its just enough bass for me.

I only did this upgrade, because the bass from sub was drowning out my high's. Now I can here the high's without a problem. Even driving on the freeway with both windows open, and the sunroof open, I can still here the high's now. The wind from the open windows used to drown out the high's as well. I just love the sound. It sounds so nice.

I bet your sub does hit harder, but I'm going for SQ. I could careless about SPL.

I guess you could say, I use only JL amps, and I use only infinity speakers. I never planned it out that way, but I guess that's what I have.

Last edited by phuviano; 04-21-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-21-2007
Registered!!

rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough

hey, do you mind telling me what kind of fuse holder and location you have in the front? I have a kicker fusebox and its MASSIVE, cant find a place good for it anywhere.
Old 04-21-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Still looking good. Where exactly did you bring the wires through on the sides? Sound deaden the back maybe?
Old 04-22-2007

Originally Posted by rice4lyfe
hey, do you mind telling me what kind of fuse holder and location you have in the front? I have a kicker fusebox and its MASSIVE, cant find a place good for it anywhere.
I'm not sure what this fusebox thing you are talking about. However, I have a standard ANL fuse. Its located behind my battery right next to my intake filter. This a wire right beside the intake filter, and I zip tied my power wires to the exisiting wire that is already there.

Maybe you can show a pic of this fuse box thing. I could possibly help you install it, I am in the GTA.

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Still looking good. Where exactly did you bring the wires through on the sides? Sound deaden the back maybe?
Thanks. I didn't use any sound deadning. It would probably sound a lot better if I did, but I didn't bother with it. I ran the wires through sides of the car, just to the left and right of back seats. I also ran the wires through the door sills, the stock ones of course. There's no pic of that, but that's where they run through. I have wiring on both sides of the car. The left side has both of my oxygen free 12 gauge speaker wires x 2 wires of course, and one set of RCA wires. The right side of my car has another set of RCA wires, remote wire, and my 4 gauge power wire.

Last edited by phuviano; 04-22-2007 at 12:35 AM.