I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

power windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4rns860 is an unknown quantity at this point
power windows

My passenger side power windows is stuck in the up position. Thought it was the motor of the power window so I bought a new one while testing the new motor I plugged it in the passwnger side and noticed that it only goes in one direction (up). Can some one enlighten me on what might be causing this and how to resolve it??
Old 12-31-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
my first thought was check the weather stripping.. If you pop the panel off and can see whats what in there, there might be the answer. Could it possibly be a wiring issue, such as when you had a speaker upgrade, accident or something? Doesnt sound like a fuse because it goes UP. Can you hear like the motor is trying to work? If so, something must be holding it up. If not, then its a lit bit bigger of a problem. Is it stuck both on the drivers side controls and on the passanger side contol? Hope this helps you narrow your problem down.
Old 12-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
what happens when you try and work the passenger window from the driver side master switch? if the window moves up and down with the driver switch, the passenger switch is faulty.
Old 12-31-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
There have been a lot of people talking about the switches going bad. Some have said they can see black soot (or something similar) through the translucent side of the defective switch. One guy was going to unsolder the defective switch from his sedans set of 4 and replace only the actual switch. (never got the result)

If you have a meter of some sort that would be a help. If you want to troubleshoot and need the wiring information I can send it to an E-Mail address, Send me a PM.