I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Lights ON/Key Ignition Chime

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sumnicex is an unknown quantity at this point
Lights ON/Key Ignition Chime

I seemed to have lost my buzzer/chime that alerts me when the car is off and my lights are on or key is in ignition. Is this a fuse controlled feature or is this something that needs to be dealer repaired? I have a 04 EX Sdn.

At the same time, my courtesy light on the ceiling does not want to seem to come on when the door is opened and car is off. Not sure if it is all tied together, but it is in the middle position and works if you turn it to the ON position.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-28-2006
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
Check these fuses:

Fuse 9 under the hood (10A fuse) 12V constant

Fuse 10 at left underside of dash (7.5A fuse) 12V in run or start
Old 12-28-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Check the door switch for the drivers door. If needed you can swap a switch from another door. Black rubber oval shaped located on the door jamb, Phillips head screw for removal, 1 wire connector.
Old 12-31-2006
Registered!!

sumnicex is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the help. My wife has the bad habit of not letting the seat belt retract before she gets out. The door switch had in fact broke off and fell down behind the door...from her slamming the belt in the door causing the issue on the switch. I spent an hour fishing it out and swapped out the switch with one from a rear door. All is back working great now.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.
Old 01-03-2007
Registered!!

MJ4Real is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea i know I had to replace mine it was like 7 bucks from honda dealership just got a wire hanger and pulled out the wire and uncliped the broke switch and just installed the other. I found what Craig said to do thru the search. ftw