I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Need Help with Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006
Nam
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nam is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help with Dash Kit

I have a Honda Civic 2001 LSX 5 w/ Doors (This one: ...img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2004/11/22/22civic_leadimage_400x281.jpg ).....and i've changed the factory radio with another one that has a rectangular shape insted of the original shape. So im looking for a Dash Kit to fill the "holes" but im having some dificulty finding the right one and were!!

I found this one at amazon that sais its exactly for my car but im not so sure about it beacause of the shape that doesn't look rectangular to me, or maybe its from the picture...( amazon.com/METRA-99-7897-HONDA-CIVIC-DASH/dp/B0002BESEQ/ref=dp_return_1/103-6359242-4579863?ie=UTF8&n=172282&s=electronics )

Is there someone out there that tried or did the same thing that can help me out plz?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you need a fit-kit, am I right? Cause the face of our radios isn't the industry-standard DIN-size. You can get a fit kit at most electronics stores, i.e. Circuit City, Best Buy, pretty much anyone that sells car electronics. This may be something like what you want... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ta1voV6...search=fit+kit

Hope this helped.

Jake
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
youve got at least three to choose from.

youve got a standard option that replaces both the radio and cd pocket below with a single piece. there are many brands of this model, and you can get it ANYWHERE.

the next is a doubledin unit that lets you run two 1DIN units of whatever, whether its two radio's, radio and dvd player, radio and flip out screen, radio and combo EQ, whatever youd like thats DIN sized. you can get this mail order.

the third only fits in the top space and lets you keep your stock lower CD pocket. you can get it from www.partsexpress.com
Old 09-24-2006
Nam
Registered!!

Thanks for the help guys...but i still have some doubts!! I have a civic 1.4 LSX from 2001 and the dash kit that you are refering (this one...***partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=265-669) doesn't seem to fit in my car! The reason is beacause the sides of the dash kit aren't equal i think....the right side has a round style and the left seems straight!! My car has equal sides, both round...so it doesnt seem to fit! Can it be just the photo? or its just like that? plz help me with this...i don't want to buy anything if im not sure about it!! thanks
Old 09-24-2006
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not familiar with foreign honda civic dash design compared to american dash design.

I can say that the american civic SI dash (its the car that is a hatchback) is different than the standard civic (everything else available in america, none are hatchbacks)

if youve got the non hatch, youve got the three options ive suggested. if you have a hatchback, you need the kid designated for an SI (and I elieve 2002 and up, too)

do you happen to have a picture of your dashboard? or know if your car is a hatchback or sedan? you linked us a picture to BOTH the hatch AND the sedan!
Old 09-25-2006
Registered!!

MyLoSloVic is an unknown quantity at this point
That Metra 99-7897 kit is how it looks in the pictures. The two top corners are rounded. The left side is straight up and down, which would be next to your climate control *****, and the right side of the kit is wider and angled to match where your radio/climate control assembly meets the dashboard. I dunno, maybe your car has climate control ***** in a different location or your dash is different...
Old 09-25-2006
Nam
Registered!!

my car has the climate control ***** on top of the dashboard and not on the left, so it seems that the metra 99-7897 kit its not the right one!
its a european car and i don't know if its a hatchback or sedan but i will check that out....and i'm gona post some pictures too....thanks again
Old 09-25-2006
Registered!!

im left wondering if this car is really a 7th gen vehicle.
Old 09-25-2006
Dain Bramaged.

Sounds like an RSX.

Scratch that. Just looked at the picture, it's a euro market EP-based car, not sure what the exact chassis. Looks like an EP3 and an ES1 had a baby.

Last edited by jester444; 09-25-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2006
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
i think that has an exact same dash as a EP
i think it's the SP???
Old 09-26-2006
Nam
Registered!!

lol i didn't know this forum was only about 7th generation civics! thought it was only the name...this is my car: ***.regvardy.com/imagedata/imagelibrary/16620.jpg (stupid 15 post rule )

tomorrow i will post pictures of my dashboard!!
Old 09-26-2006
Dain Bramaged.

Yeah, hence the name 7thgencivic.com. But whatever, no worries. It's all good. Yeah, get some pictures up and we'll help you out.