I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Carputer

Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Carputer

I was looking into a carputer today and I have one question. Is it powered using an amp or a power inverter. If anyone knows a lot about carputers, I would really like to ask you a few questions. My AIM name is clrumivier4life. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
There are two ways to power them 1 would be a power inverter (like what you plug any 110V pice of equipment to in your car). The other way is a DC-DC Power supply.
Old 03-23-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Just get a DC to DC powersupply that will put you car in to hybernation when you turn the key off.. Just check around on http://www.mp3car.com/ you can find one.

It doesnt create as much heat or resistance or use as many amps.
Old 03-23-2006
Registered!!

kickercivic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a power supply "M2-atx" awesome dc-dc power supply.
Old 03-23-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
mp3car.com is an awsome site...

and search the DIY pn the sitye...dont ask any dumb questions though or they will flame you worse than a BBQ
Old 03-24-2006
dle
Registered!!

dle is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Originally Posted by LowSky
mp3car.com is an awsome site...

and search the DIY pn the sitye...dont ask any dumb questions though or they will flame you worse than a BBQ
Not true, there are many helpful people there that won't flame you. only the people who have somethink to prove are the flamers. don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how stupid they may seem.

i've installed carcomps in 4 different cars already (and currently installing one in my '05 civic hybrid). what i've been using are the opus DC-DC power supply (specifically the 90w one). it retains a constant charge from the battery so you don't have to worry about a hard, forced shutdown when you take the key out of IGN-2 mode.

you can check out my installs here: dubdubdub.csun.edu/~dl871/carcomp1/

please ask any questions if you need further info, im here to help. (sorry i don't use chat proggies anymore, they stole 5 years of my life. not like being on the forums is giving those years back though. )
Old 05-11-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
A DC-DC power supply will allow you to connect to a 12 volt car battery instead of the conventional power supplies which require 110 volt power or an outlet. So that will make it much easier for you to just run the PSU right to the battery. Also, you should get one with an intelligent power supply since this will power the computer on and off automatically with your car so you don't have to do it with a button.
I'm one of the helpful guys at www.mp3car.com I guess.
Old 05-11-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, 2 months old and you just now decieded to post! Good job!
Old 05-11-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Didn't look at the date, my bad. It just looked unsolved and I was searching for carputer posts.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

kickercivic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
You can my car pc http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...highlight=c134

You can just hook it up straight to your car battery.
Old 05-12-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by kickercivic1
You can my car pc http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...highlight=c134

You can just hook it up straight to your car battery.
I don't know man, for $460 US shipped + duties? I can get all that for about $600 Canadian new. So probably the same price. Maybe not exactly the same, but thanks though. I'm going to try my own build I think.