I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

New Trunk Setup With Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
way to go nice work
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
don't know if you said already but what size is that sub.
it's a 12"

Originally Posted by honda01
IF it's too small the way it is, you could always make more room under it by removing the spare wheel and building an extension on the box.
Or, add another level or 2...
the spare is removed, and there is no removing anything, everything is glued to perfection, hehehe, trust me there is no chance of me removing any pieces without breaking stuff. the box's width and height is the most that would fit, but i could have made it longer, but when i was doing it, just taught of making it the same lenght as the width (square). Damn, hope it doesn't sound like sh*t, think i'm gonna try it with a regular HU, t'ill i get my new HU.
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

natedogg is an unknown quantity at this point
looks great 05reverb! what was your total cost and of time spent for the custom trunk setup?
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

cost wasn't much, 40$ for 1 sheet of 3/4 mdf, 40$ for 1 can of spray primer and 3 cans of spray car paint, 7$ for wood glue, 10-20$ for the screws (all canadian $). As for the time......well don't really remember, didn't keep track.....a week on and off..taking my time and figuring where i was gonna put everything. There was no rush, cause i was off of work for couple weeks, and i couldn't try it till i get my new hu anyways, so if it were to do it again, it would go fast without all the figuring out.

Last edited by 05reverb; 03-31-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-01-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
My friend had TypeR's in 1 cubic foot and they sounded fine...you'll be good.
Old 04-01-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
wow!! thats awesome
Old 04-01-2006
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, wood in Canada is spensive.... Nice job though man.... looks good =)
Old 04-01-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
that looks tyte...i woulda covered the whole wood thing with a layer of cloth than fiberglassed the whole trunk to give it a nice smooth appearance...but that still looks sick
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

blackout881 is an unknown quantity at this point
i see you have the SE, i used to have it..but it was totalled 2 weeks after i got it by some ******* that doesnt know how to drive . The thing i liked best about that car was the factory HU..just curious, could you hook the subs up to it? I ended up getting an 03 civ..first thing i did was buy a new deck heh, still i loved the 6 cd changer, miss it alot.
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by blackout881
i see you have the SE, i used to have it..but it was totalled 2 weeks after i got it by some ******* that doesnt know how to drive . The thing i liked best about that car was the factory HU..just curious, could you hook the subs up to it? I ended up getting an 03 civ..first thing i did was buy a new deck heh, still i loved the 6 cd changer, miss it alot.
mine is not a SE, it's a canadian special edition civic reverb, they only sold one per dealer per month for 12 months. but i have the same factory HU like the SE, I love it too, and would not replace it if it had sub outs on it and better sound settings. But ya its an awesome HU to have when running stock.

You can hook up subs to it ya, you just need to tap off your rear speakers to a line level converter, some people do that, i personally always bought HU's with sub out, so can't tell you how it sounds with a line level converter, but i heard that there is a few good brands out there.

Im selling mine if your interested, it plugs right in no need for harnesses, but you would have to get the double din kit. it has only been used from november to now, i had put in another HU imediatly when getting the car in June and put the stock back in for winter from november t'ill now, and my new HU is supposed to get here this week or next week, so the factory is going for sale.
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
awesome your giving me ideas. sinc eim only putting one heavy pounding sub in ma car i wanted it centerd I may do somthing similair. but I'll FG mine
Old 04-05-2006
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
unique
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
thats looks great bro, good work, how do ya come up with this stuff..
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

dtox666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks awesome. I've been thinking about doing the same thing, but placing the sub where you've placed your amp.

Be sure and let us know how it sounds when you get everything set up!
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

blackout881 is an unknown quantity at this point
how much do you want for it? when my SE was sitting there in the lot, 2 weeks old, crushed to death i decided to go with my spare key and violently rip out the speakers, since they were better than normal civic speakers, and i just wanted a momento of my FIRST car and civic. now they are in my 03 civic, haha, they sound great too . anyways, i wanted to get the deck too, but being a civic newbie at the time i had no idea how to get the deck out..which sucks because now i could do it in 2 seconds. but anyways, the deck comes with the 6 disc changer and all that? i have no idea how it looks back there since i never got to take it apart...it will fit right in a 03?
Old 04-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by blackout881
the deck comes with the 6 disc changer and all that? i have no idea how it looks back there since i never got to take it apart...it will fit right in a 03?
The deck is the cd changer built in, it's not a seperate unit, thats why the deck is double din (to fit the 6 MP3's), and yes it just plugs in the factory car harness, all you would need to do is buy a double din kit, cause your car right now is only single din right? I think crutchfield has those kits, not sure. And if your interested in buying it, you can PM me an offer.