I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Missing Wire Harness Plug..HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by WildRice
Wow, this is really simple. No need to make it complicated, especially if you already had a Clarion in there. Take the two metal keys that came with the JVC deck. Pop them in on the sides of the Clarion. Pop that clarion out. Leave the Clarion harness in there for color reference. Wire up the new JVC harness with your choice of connections (Solder/barrell connectors). Put the new sleeve in. lock it down, and slide the new JVC in. BADA BING!
what an excellent suggestion
Old 02-17-2006

coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
I find it easier in the end to take the entire HVAC assembly out - it's not that difficult and there's more room to work with especially if you have to route and tuck wiring. Things tend to snag up when you're working in constricted spaces.

Verify the wiring Mike - the wiring harness that you'd purchase to snap on to the existing vehicle harness (which interfaces to the deck harness) should color match (confirmed by the diagram) but I woudn't make any assumptions.
Old 02-17-2006
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WildRice
Wow, this is really simple. No need to make it complicated, especially if you already had a Clarion in there. Take the two metal keys that came with the JVC deck. Pop them in on the sides of the Clarion. Pop that clarion out. Leave the Clarion harness in there for color reference. Wire up the new JVC harness with your choice of connections (Solder/barrell connectors). Put the new sleeve in. lock it down, and slide the new JVC in. BADA BING!
it wasn't really THAT easy but thanks for the advice. Problem was that because the wires had been more or less hacked into the Clarion Harness and therefor I had NO length to work with. Taking the deck out with the keys would have made it tough to work with and I still need to get in deeper to work with the short wires. my new new harness will be nice to put on there..nice long wires woo hoo!
Old 02-17-2006
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
man, I got the deck in. the wiring was a tad tricky because there was like NO length left at all on the OEM wires. You can see from the pics that my barrell connectors come right out of the wire wrap...yikes.

Here's the Clarion harness...you can see how hacked it is...

Here's my job on the new JVC harness...notice the connectors..lol. Looks clean though

and the finished product is a working deck...yay! I haven't had CD capability in over 3 months...lol
Old 02-17-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
good job man im proud of ya.