I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Speaker Whining and crackle... Don't Flame

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpecialEdCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaker Whining and crackle... Don't Flame

Alright i will give as much info as possible. I drive an 05 ex coupe. I have an alpine 9815 deck. 2 amps rockford 1000.2 for subs and the mbquart from crutchfield. MB quart 6.5 components around and w caps. Running 2 4 gauge power kits and twisted pair rcas. 14 gauge speaker wire. Ok now to my problem. I have a simple question which i will ask in one second. I was lazy and ran 1 set of speaker wires along with teh power wires teh front passenger ones. But... I have a crackle and speaker whine from the alternator. If i unplug the rcas i have no crackle and no whine. Does that mean the speaker wire iwth teh power cable is not a problem and i shoudl try to re run the rcas or what? I searched and have not found anything but tards running teh speaker wire with the power. When i unplug the 2 sets of rcas frpom the 4 channel yteh crackle and hiss go away. Should i buy brand name good rcas and re run them. ribght now they are on their own on teh left side of the car but they may run a few inches with teh power ina few spots. What shoudl i do?
Old 06-15-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
re run your RCA's AWAY from your power line

I run my right speaker with my power and my left speaker with my RCA's (down each side of the car) and I have no problems with noise)
Old 06-16-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
could possibility be your power wire and rca wires too close together. run them about 1 foot at least away from each other.
Old 06-16-2005
Registered!!

do you think it could be due to cheap rca's? I know its not the amp because when i unplug the rcas its silent and i get no knine from my speakers without the rcas in. i will tackle it and let you guy sknow how it goes.
Old 06-16-2005
Registered!!

I fixed it. I am a dumb *** i forgot when i was preliminarily doing my trunk i ended running teh rcas along with a power cable. I moved them its fine. Sorry to waste your time.